GFCI Tripping

Chard

I've got two machines (Dixie 501e and AP 112 upgraded with an InOne Kit)

The bank of machines has tripped the GFCI twice now.  Once about a week and a half ago and again today.  I suspect that either the compressor deck on the soda machine has developed an intermittent problem or that the GFCI has become weak.

I plan to change outlets that the machine uses when i reset the GFCI to see if the problem follows the machines.  If it's not the outlet, I'll replace the compressor deck.

I've had another instance where a Vendo 721 was outfitted with inline GFCI (Inline with the power cord, not wall mounted) tripped the GFCI every couple of days.  Eventually we removed the GFCI and plugged it into a wall mounted GFCI and have never again had a problem demonstrating it was a bad GFCI and not a short in the machine.

Has anyone else had problems with GFCI's?

4 hours ago, Chard said:

I've got two machines (Dixie 501e and AP 112 upgraded with an InOne Kit)

The bank of machines has tripped the GFCI twice now.  Once about a week and a half ago and again today.  I suspect that either the compressor deck on the soda machine has developed an intermittent problem or that the GFCI has become weak.

I plan to change outlets that the machine uses when i reset the GFCI to see if the problem follows the machines.  If it's not the outlet, I'll replace the compressor deck.

I've had another instance where a Vendo 721 was outfitted with inline GFCI (Inline with the power cord, not wall mounted) tripped the GFCI every couple of days.  Eventually we removed the GFCI and plugged it into a wall mounted GFCI and have never again had a problem demonstrating it was a bad GFCI and not a short in the machine.

Has anyone else had problems with GFCI's?

Be careful some places will require inline gfi's. We replaced canteen in a small vocational collge and it stated right in there agreement that they were required on all equipment we operated on there property. 

If it has an inline GFI then just cut it off and replace it with a normal plug.  As they age the GFIs get weaker, especially once they begin to trip.  If it's a GFI on the building circuit then you could have someone plugging a current hog into the circuit like a vacuum cleaner, floor buffer or even a toaster or coffee pot.  You could have some outlets elsewhere in the building that are being used on this circuit (other side of the wall) unless your outlets are dedicated to the machines.  If it's a dedicated circuit then you are overloading it or you could have a weak GFI in the breaker box.  This circuit could even be on a GFI that's next to a sink in the breakroom.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an older post but I wanted to share my experience. I have found that a lot of the times GFCI's pop is due to a ballast issue in the machine. Vendors was famous for this. When you would close the door and the compressor turned on, poof, there goes the GFCI. The thing was that Vendo also had the light circuit turn on at the same time and that was the true issue. A lot of compressors where change for no reason during that time. We don't see the GFCI issue as much now as new machines are mostly supplied with LED lighting.

The feedback/noise that the ballasts caused was not an issue prior to GFCI'S and they we're not spec'd to have to deal with the issue.

My suggestion on mysterious GFCI issues is to first eliminate the fluorescent light circuit and see if it stops. 

Thank you for your help. This was a very frustrating issue. I just replaced the bulbs with led from ds vending this last week. But for the past several months I put the machine on a different GFCI and haven't had a problem since.
I really like the led lighting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived