Tired of lugging in and out 100 lbs of chocolate

We use a full size fridge and freezer for chocolate and ice cream. It's powered by this separate battery that has an isolator and a 1100 watt inverter. When it's parked it gets plugged in directly. The battery and inverter can run the set up for about 5 hours in the 110 degree AZ summer. 

IMG_5882.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a used refrigerator at a yard sale for about $75.00.  It stays in my box truck all the time.  I plug it in at night.  I keep all my danish frozen and candy refrigerated (but not too cold).  I unplug it during the day while on the route, but it stays cold all day.

1 hour ago, Snack Man 2000 said:

I have to run my route several days in a row with it 150 degrees inside my box truck. Do you think it will stay cold for 12 hours at a time?

I don't even think mine gets to 150 here in phx. Where are you?  

If you are opening it a lot I doubt it will stay cold. Install an inverter to run it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a freezer from Sams Club and put it on my truck.  I plug it in at night and leave during the day and everything stays cool all day.  I was going to get an inverter and all that stuff but found out I didn't need to.  I should mention I'm in Michigan so I cant vouch for this working in Arizona or Florida.  However, on 90 degree plus days with loads of humidity the chocolate never melted.  

3 hours ago, Snack Man 2000 said:

I'm in NC where our summers are blistering. This summer it was well over 150 degrees inside my box truck. I was wondering if the freezer got too cold for chocolate?

I would not put chocolate in a freezer, the extreme cold will damage and discolor it.  Even had problems when bars were too close to cold packs for too long....

Those of you with inverters, do you have more pics or info? And where u got the parts and how much? I always wanted an inverter for the truck especially to install a pprtable ac and keep the box cool

Archived