How many locations would you need to saturate beyond the ability to place new machines?

Zeusophobia

I live near Tampa FL. I was wondering, at what point do you have so many locations that there are no more doors to knock on?

I know this is a loaded question, but I'm guessing once you have around 200 locations, you've walked in every place you can. At a 10% success rate, that's 2000 businesses you've asked.

I figure my radius of where I'm going to cover has about 1 million people.

That is a great question. I have no idea what would be considered saturated. Lets hope that some guys that have been in the game for a while, come in and chime in.

The Tampa Bay area (Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee and Pasco counties) should have 20,000 bulk heads according to Vending Times.

Many bulk guys already consider Fla a saturated market.

I've posted about this before but I met an old bulk operator who located for a guy in Texas for a few years. Big Tex had 17,000 single head gumball machines in the state and at that point was trying to expand into Louisiana. You read that number right. Apparently it was a family business and they had been at it for awhile. I'm in South Charlotte and my personal estimate is probably around 2800 local machines to saturate the area.

Archived