Mini video arcade in flea market. Good or bad idea?

Zeusophobia

Maybe but do your research. Above a certain amount of games you aren't going to see an increase in profit. That number of games is variable. Cabinets are my lowest source of revenue. Pool tables are the highest. For my area, I'm starting to think that video and pinball only work in crowded bars with 20-30s crowd that play for the nostalgic effect only. Pool tables will never go away.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:12 AM, zjtaylor said:

Maybe but do your research. Above a certain amount of games you aren't going to see an increase in profit. That number of games is variable. Cabinets are my lowest source of revenue. Pool tables are the highest. For my area, I'm starting to think that video and pinball only work in crowded bars with 20-30s crowd that play for the nostalgic effect only. Pool tables will never go away.

I was thinking about putting multitudes in bars. What I heard though is aside from the game smelling like smoke for the rest of its life, you NEED to give them 50%.

Would I be wasting my time to go into bars pitching 25%? I really don't want my machine to smell like smoke and be a "bars only" machine for more than 25% commission.

I'm assuming any bar that at least has a dart board knows that games are 50%.

Go for it but be prepared for someone to come in right behind you and pitch 50 and then you get kicked. 50 is the industry standard around here. Try and figure out what other operators are doing. Also actually go to bars and see what equipment is already there. If you don't see many multicades around there's probably a reason. That reason is that they don't make money. Everything is going to be particular to your region. If I had it to do over I would have started with pool tables and refused to do anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any myself, but I have seen the punching/boxing machines do well in bars. Not sure if it is just a fad, but it seems all the boys and girls like to try and outdo each other after they have had a few

Archived