Understanding the Bible

lacanteen

In my mature years, I’m finally beginning to understand the Bible!For those who haven’t heard, the State of Washington just passed two laws:
* Same-sex Marriage
* Legalized Marijuana
The fact that same-sex marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says:
"If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."
I just hadn’t interpreted it correctly before.

In my mature years, I’m finally beginning to understand the Bible!For those who haven’t heard, the State of Washington just passed two laws:
* Same-sex Marriage
* Legalized Marijuana
The fact that same-sex marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says:

Radical Christian is no different from radical islam. I don't care if man wants to marry another man or whatever, my issues is that this garbage is the norm nowdays, no need for freak LGBT parades advertising their sexuality, or see it on a TV everyday.

What they do behind closed door honestly i does not bother me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hu·mor
ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
noun
noun: humour; noun: humor; noun: cardinal humor; plural noun: cardinal humors
  1. 1.
    the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.
    "his tales are full of humor"
    synonyms: comedy, comical aspect, funny side, fun, amusement, funniness, hilarity, jocularity;

48 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Leviticus 20:13 says:

FWIW apart from not being particularly clever it is factually wrong There is NO English Language version of the Bible that says that.

Leviticus 20:13

/pedant mode = off

When the discussion moves from discussing topics to discussing other posters, that is when everything goes downhill. Getting personal is when all threads go downhill.

I will be removing those posts when I run into them, or they are referred to me. Even if they are minor, or subtle.

We can discuss peoples opinions, and positions, just not each other. (Obviously this doesn't include friendly, or positive comments.)

4 hours ago, The Mage said:

When the discussion moves from discussing topics to discussing other posters, that is when everything goes downhill. Getting personal is when all threads go downhill.

I will be removing those posts when I run into them, or they are referred to me. Even if they are minor, or subtle.

We can discuss peoples opinions, and positions, just not each other. (Obviously this doesn't include friendly, or positive comments.)

So are you now pointing your finger at me because I said to lacanteen that what he posted IS MOST DEFINITELY bigoted and hate speech??? 

How do you say that this.............

" In my mature years, I’m finally beginning to understand the Bible!For those who haven’t heard, the State of Washington just passed two laws:
* Same-sex Marriage
* Legalized Marijuana
I just hadn’t interpreted it correctly before. "

Is not bigoted and hate speech?

This is equivalent to a Jewish Holocaust joke.

Or a joke about Slavery.

Well you were talking about lacanteen, not his post, speech, or actions. That's why it was removed.

Next, just because you call something hate speech, doesn't make it so. This actually turns it on its head, and I could easily see a gay person using the exact same joke, and you would be fine with that. 

I'm sure you won't think "Everybody must get stoned" by Bob Dylan is hate speech, and it's the same metaphor. 

Jokes about the holocaust, and slavery will depend on what the joke is. Tell me one of Eddie Murphy's joke about slavery was hate speech.

Or one of my idols, Mel Brooks.

1 hour ago, The Mage said:

Well you were talking about lacanteen, not his post, speech, or actions. That's why it was removed.

Next, just because you call something hate speech, doesn't make it so. This actually turns it on its head, and I could easily see a gay person using the exact same joke, and you would be fine with that. 

I'm sure you won't think "Everybody must get stoned" by Bob Dylan is hate speech, and it's the same metaphor. 

Jokes about the holocaust, and slavery will depend on what the joke is. Tell me one of Eddie Murphy's joke about slavery was hate speech.

Or one of my idols, Mel Brooks.

Do you know why it's different for Eddie Murphy to make jokes about slavery and Mel Brooks to make jokes about Hitler? It's because Eddie Murphy is Black and Mel Brooks is Jewish and they were telling their jokes among people of their own race and religion. So I believe there was an effort on their part to try to get the people of their own race and religion to laugh about past suffering because they both probably know that laughter can be the best medicine. Buddhist Monks practice that all the time.

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between doing that and a bunch of people with racist and bigoted mentalities (you guys) laughing at other people who are different than you. Eddie Murphy was not, for example, telling racist white jokes among a room filled ONLY full of blacks.

The fact that you, as the administrator of this forum, condone all of this, I find absolutely appalling and disgusting. It tells me that you lack all kinds of integrity and as I told you before, I DEFINITELY believe you lack empathy for other people. I think to the point of having some form of mental disorder.

I'm finished posting on this forum.

To say that it is okay for one race to do anything that another is not, that is racist. You are giving special rights to one group that another is not able to have. Also thinking that Eddie Murpy is only allowed to perform for black fans, and Mel Brooks is only allowed to perform for Jewish fans, what exactly do you call that?

I also grow tired of these games where you attack other posters, other groups, and then turn it around to complain that others are doing exactly what you are doing, even when they really aren't. You start discussions, than refuse to discuss them, and change the subject. 

I am aware of the manipulation you are attempting here. I won't shut down the speech of others just because it hasn't been approved by you, and your Goebbels brand of thought police.

You have had 6 user names, was put on moderation once, where you again created a new user name to get around it, and yet I still haven't banned you.

I have bent over backwards here, but I refuse to bend over forwards. 

Archived