Coin scales

QuikVend

Looking into buying a coin scale for when I'm out servicing accounts. I thought I was going to get one with my latest route purchase, but he didn't want to let it go. Any reasonably priced options out there? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, zjtaylor said:

I think I'm about to order the Acucount AC603 for 400$. Because I'm not seeing anything I consider reasonably priced that I trust to be accurate and durable. I've read a few positive things about the AC603 on here.

Yea, I've heard good things about the accucounts. And more than likely that will be the direction I go, unless someone had found a significantly cheaper one that has held upto the usage.

Are you planning on going the sealed federal security bag route? I'm trying to find a local bank that accepts those, cuz rolling $1k in quarters is a pain...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I bank at a credit union that has a coin machine, so I'll deposit them that way. 

I rolled my last collection because I missed the deadline for the machine. They close it down one hour before the bank closes. So I had $1k in change to roll. I was using it to pay for my route I just picked up. Took me almost 2 hours, even with my royal sovereign coin counter. 

1 hour ago, AMD Snacks said:

Are you planning on going the sealed federal security bag route? I'm trying to find a local bank that accepts those, cuz rolling $1k in quarters is a pain...

Contact your local credit unions. My new bank (cu)  has a counter in the lobby. Some bigger banks Will take federal bags, but you have to talk to the manager.

3 hours ago, QuikVend said:

Yea, I've heard good things about the accucounts. And more than likely that will be the direction I go, unless someone had found a significantly cheaper one that has held upto the usage.

I've been using the account for about a year, I wish I would've bought it sooner. It's great!

I've been using the account for about a year, I wish I would've bought it sooner. It's great!

So if your bank has a coin counter, why do you use the accucount? I'm trying to figure out when I'll need one...

I have an AcuCount AC603c and I have been very happy with it. Scales are faster than using a coin roller at commission stops and the AcuCount comes with a case to carry it in. I use plastic coin bags at my bank. I weigh up the coins, bag them and take them to the bank. Even if my bank went to a coin counter I would pre-weigh my coins because banks make mistakes. I have had deposits lost and miscounted over the years and I was able to identify the problem quickly because I knew how much should be in each deposit. The Coinstar type machines are not infallible and in the case that there was a problem I would need to know how much I really had brought to the bank.

1 hour ago, AMD Snacks said:

So if your bank has a coin counter, why do you use the accucount? I'm trying to figure out when I'll need one...

Because I have commission accounts and I have my driver count every stop. We know how much our bags weigh, so he just puts the bag in there at every stop.

Because I have commission accounts and I have my driver count every stop. We know how much our bags weigh, so he just puts the bag in there at every stop.

Don't you sometimes get coins other than quarters mixed in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, acucount1 said:

If some one feels like spreading the word, AcuCount is offering a discount for "Vendiscuss" of 40.00 good till 4/30/2017

Use coupon code  VD-$40.00off  at www.acucount.com

I'm getting an error saying that coupon doesn't exist

On 1/29/2017 at 7:57 PM, gumball guy said:

I have an AcuCount AC603c and I have been very happy with it. Scales are faster than using a coin roller at commission stops and the AcuCount comes with a case to carry it in. I use plastic coin bags at my bank. I weigh up the coins, bag them and take them to the bank. Even if my bank went to a coin counter I would pre-weigh my coins because banks make mistakes. I have had deposits lost and miscounted over the years and I was able to identify the problem quickly because I knew how much should be in each deposit. The Coinstar type machines are not infallible and in the case that there was a problem I would need to know how much I really had brought to the bank.

This has happened to me before. I will count the amount per head per machine (my route is small, mostly vendstars) and then total it up and recount the entire bag to make sure it matches up. Then take it to the bank and itll be off by a quarter or two. When i mention the discrepancy they insist their machine is always right and i must have counted wrong. What can you do? 

18 minutes ago, Zigzag Vending said:

This has happened to me before. I will count the amount per head per machine (my route is small, mostly vendstars) and then total it up and recount the entire bag to make sure it matches up. Then take it to the bank and itll be off by a quarter or two. When i mention the discrepancy they insist their machine is always right and i must have counted wrong. What can you do? 

I would talk to the manager and explain your concerns and have them explain how they handle disputes using the coin counter. I don't know much about the automated coin counters but I guarantee that there is some way to calibrate and test it.  I would also think there would be some way to audit the machine as well. I always keep my deposits the same amount. That way the bank can see a pattern of deposit. I had an issue in December where they completely screwed up my deposit and some other customers as well. They knew that I deposit the same amount every time and credited my account correctly after about 2 weeks of screwing around (they never found the mistake but agreed there was something wrong). My deposit consistency really helped me there. The fact is when you are dealing with bulk change it is tough to prove a bank error so I try to do everything I can to protect myself. If they continue to have problems then it is time to find another bank.

2 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I would talk to the manager and explain your concerns and have them explain how they handle disputes using the coin counter. I don't know much about the automated coin counters but I guarantee that there is some way to calibrate and test it.  I would also think there would be some way to audit the machine as well. I always keep my deposits the same amount. That way the bank can see a pattern of deposit. I had an issue in December where they completely screwed up my deposit and some other customers as well. They knew that I deposit the same amount every time and credited my account correctly after about 2 weeks of screwing around (they never found the mistake but agreed there was something wrong). My deposit consistency really helped me there. The fact is when you are dealing with bulk change it is tough to prove a bank error so I try to do everything I can to protect myself. If they continue to have problems then it is time to find another bank.

I have an idea. If this involves my counter there are various ways to demonstrate to others (the Bank) to prove you are accurate. First make sure my unit is accurate call me (800 518 8395) and we can go over it to confirm. Then have them recount the money at least 2 times on their machine. Mechanical counters can and do make mistakes. Almost always they do not make the same mistake 2 times in a row.

Several times in the past where I have proved this to customers and game rooms that there Mechanical unit "Must be wrong" and it turned out it was. However the mistakes I have seen usually involve more then .25 or .50 

My bank counter is often off and the bank must know it, because they will credit me what I say I've put in no questions asked. Most it has been out is $5. I always deposit amounts to a round $10 figure so I can see which coins are out. When it is wrong it is generally always under. When I have to wait for them to empty bags while I am counting, I do notice various coins in the bottom of the machine that have jumped off the hopper.

(I did use an ATM deposit machine at another branch once and could feel coins stuck just down where they drop. I was able to dislodge them, and my deposit was over that time.)

It does make me wonder how much extra they get off people who just bring in a whole load of change with no idea how much is there.

7 hours ago, brendio said:

My bank counter is often off and the bank must know it, because they will credit me what I say I've put in no questions asked. Most it has been out is $5. I always deposit amounts to a round $10 figure so I can see which coins are out. When it is wrong it is generally always under. When I have to wait for them to empty bags while I am counting, I do notice various coins in the bottom of the machine that have jumped off the hopper.

(I did use an ATM deposit machine at another branch once and could feel coins stuck just down where they drop. I was able to dislodge them, and my deposit was over that time.)

It does make me wonder how much extra they get off people who just bring in a whole load of change with no idea how much is there.

I've wondered that as well.  It seems like if I just have quarters there are less mistakes, but the mistakes or differences always seem in their favor.

I bank at a credit union that has a coin machine, so I'll deposit them that way. 

I rolled my last collection because I missed the deadline for the machine. They close it down one hour before the bank closes. So I had $1k in change to roll. I was using it to pay for my route I just picked up. Took me almost 2 hours, even with my royal sovereign coin counter. 

What a wonderful way to spend a day. 1k in quarters!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

What a wonderful way to spend a day. 1k in quarters!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

At least I can console myself in knowing it's my earnings.

I'm heading out to connect on my new route, so here's going to having that problem again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Archived