Finding a validator

maestro489

Well, if it is an MDB machine then any MDB validator made for vending should work.  Be sure to power down the machine before disconnecting or connecting any plugs.  MEI validators made for amusement machines (Model numbers starting with AE) might seem to work but will not fully function in a vending machine.  You can do damage if you mismatch voltage on other types of connectors.

I guess the answer you are looking for is.. most of us just happen to know what kind of validators/coin mechs go in what machines.  The USUAL method to determine what kind of device goes in the machine is to check the manual, but this is not always 100% reliable on every older machine as some machines have been "converted" or "upgraded" with aftermarket kits to do various things.

Generally speaking, almost all dixie narco soda machines (pre-MDB) use 110v coin mechs and validators.
Almost all Royals that I have come across (pre-MDB) use 110v validators and 24v coin mechs.
I couldn't tell you about pre-mdb vendos.. but I think it depends entirely on the model.
Most USI machines that I have operated (pre-MDB) use 24v devices, but the 3015 series can use 110v or 24v validators depending on the harness.
National 145/146/147/148 and AP 4000/5000/6000/7000/110 use 110v validators and coin mechs BUT the AP 110 series can also use 24v validators with a proper harness.

Once you get newer than the machines I mentioned, you should (in my opinion) always use MDB when you can.  It's not that MDB mechs and validators are "better" or "newer" (although they really are lol), it's that it is SO much easier to be able to carry 2 spare MDB coin mechs and 2 spare MDB validators on hand than have something like a Coinco 9302-L for your Royal cans and USI snacks... a couple TRC-6000's for those 110v machines, a 24v Mars VN2502 and a 110v Mars VN 2501.  Having most of your stuff MDB just helps with keeping your mech inventory low.  This doesn't even account for the fact that newer coin mechs and validators (almost exclusively MDB) hold more change and accept higher denomination bills.

Archived