It's a good deal Buy an Office Deli?

Hi everyone, i'm new in the Vending Business and i have an offer to buy this machine for around $1,300.

Now i'm wondering if this machine is really a Seaga (as the seller says) or Planet Antares. What are the differences between those brands for the "same machine"?

It's a good idea to buy it? At which price would you recommend to buy? 

How hard is buy parts, replacement and fix it by myself? (If there ar no support).

Thanks for your help

s-l1600.jpg

Run!

Do not buy these machines! Not worth getting!

Buy American made machines only! At least you will get support and be able to get parts for American made machines!

Other people "vendors" Tech's" will reply also.

12 hours ago, sorianocarlos said:

Hi everyone, i'm new in the Vending Business and i have an offer to buy this machine for around $1,300.

Now i'm wondering if this machine is really a Seaga (as the seller says) or Planet Antares. What are the differences between those brands for the "same machine"?

It's a good idea to buy it? At which price would you recommend to buy? 

How hard is buy parts, replacement and fix it by myself? (If there ar no support).

Thanks for your help

s-l1600.jpg

It really doesn't matter much if it's a Seaga or Planet Antares as both are crap.  This is probably one of the last machines anybody here would consider purchasing and the price is absurd.

5 minutes ago, sorianocarlos said:

And what kind of combo machine would you recommend for a location that is already selling 35 cans weekly?

Thanks for your help

Probably the best newer combo would be made by AMS but I'm not sure you could get a nice one for $1,300.  Most of us will only use a combo machine as a satellite in a larger location as they all tend to be short on capacity.  You might find an older National 747 in your price range if you really need a combo, but this model will only hold 12 oz cans unlike the newer models.

I don't know about your "less than 100 employees" number as that can be anything from 1-99 employees, but 35 cans per week isn't good. At 75 cents, you're making about $27 from cans each week. You would be lucky to make an extra $25/week from snacks but it could be as little as $10/week.  A combo machine would be a good fit for the account, but it will never be a good account.  I feel like you should look for a better home for your 660 as it's a good machine with a lot of capacity.

I think you're right, i should move that machine from there. And are around 90 employees in that building. I don't know if i should test more kinds of drinks, but for each 35 cans 25 are Coke  

I hoped to find a good and cheap combo machine for that place, because there are not any store or something in 6 blocks away. 

Thanks for your valuable help.

Unless there is a convenient store, gas station, or a grocery store across the street, I can't imagine sales that bad.. unless...

-There is a cafeteria or other vending there.

-Most of the employees are off site during the day.

-There building is full of snobby white collar people who always eat out or have food catered in.

2 hours ago, sorianocarlos said:

I think you're right, i should move that machine from there. And are around 90 employees in that building. I don't know if i should test more kinds of drinks, but for each 35 cans 25 are Coke  

I hoped to find a good and cheap combo machine for that place, because there are not any store or something in 6 blocks away. 

Thanks for your valuable help.

Your "catch 22" here (as in most cases) is that the account doesn't really justify a major investment in a nice combo machine.  Snacks are going to be a perpetual pain in your butt with only one combo machine as you can't really buy in bulk and you'll see a lot of stales if people don't use the machine much.  Combo only locations will never make much profit (which is why most of us avoid them like the plague) but that Royal definitely deserves a better home as that machine can easily generate $500 a month in sales.

59 minutes ago, moondog said:

Your "catch 22" here (as in most cases) is that the account doesn't really justify a major investment in a nice combo machine.  Snacks are going to be a perpetual pain in your butt with only one combo machine as you can't really buy in bulk and you'll see a lot of stales if people don't use the machine much.  Combo only locations will never make much profit (which is why most of us avoid them like the plague) but that Royal definitely deserves a better home as that machine can easily generate $500 a month in sales.

I will try an honor box LOL.

4 hours ago, sorianocarlos said:

They are average Desk Working People, not white collar. Some bring their lunch or get catered for lunch, because there are nothing near. It's a goverment building with 25 visitors al least per day.

Do you have some advice to improve the sales?

Desk-job workers are part of the category of "snobby white collar" workers.  Basically, practically anyone who works at a desk is "white collar" from a vending standpoint.  These people, regardless of what they make, often aren't that hungry, worry too much about calories and their diets, and believe that the vending machines should be of the latest models and highest qualities, all while offering the lowest prices because they feel entitled to it.  These types of workers GENERALLY complain about anything and everything.. and the ones that complain the most about your machines are the ones that don't even use them.  These people will request things and never buy it, or request things that are already in the machines because they never actually look.  These people will complain about paying $0.75 for a soda and $1.00 for a candy bar while paying $4.00 for a coffee from starbucks and $10.00 for a sandwich, chips, and drinks from Panera bread.  Then they'll rant about how good their $7.00 Panera sandwich was, and how you should put in a food vending machine in too, that way they can stare at it and complain about how everything is always expired and doesn't look good.

11 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Desk-job workers are part of the category of "snobby white collar" workers.  Basically, practically anyone who works at a desk is "white collar" from a vending standpoint.  These people, regardless of what they make, often aren't that hungry, worry too much about calories and their diets, and believe that the vending machines should be of the latest models and highest qualities, all while offering the lowest prices because they feel entitled to it.  These types of workers GENERALLY complain about anything and everything.. and the ones that complain the most about your machines are the ones that don't even use them.  These people will request things and never buy it, or request things that are already in the machines because they never actually look.  These people will complain about paying $0.75 for a soda and $1.00 for a candy bar while paying $4.00 for a coffee from starbucks and $10.00 for a sandwich, chips, and drinks from Panera bread.  Then they'll rant about how good their $7.00 Panera sandwich was, and how you should put in a food vending machine in too, that way they can stare at it and complain about how everything is always expired and doesn't look good.

They seem difficult to deal with.... so that account doesn't worth it. If they are that kind of people and my revenue of beverages will not increase and snacks will not make any difference, i need to let it go.

I will try with honor box for snacks, maybe justify the investment.

At least with an honor box, your potential loss is VERY little.  The last thing I want to see you do is to throw hundreds or even thousands of dollars at an account that's making you pennies.  This business is about making money, not just spending money.  If you do the honor box system, report back here and there are people such as myself that can tell you a bit about your honor box sales as it pertains to snack machines as I have experience with both.

7 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

At least with an honor box, your potential loss is VERY little.  The last thing I want to see you do is to throw hundreds or even thousands of dollars at an account that's making you pennies.  This business is about making money, not just spending money.  If you do the honor box system, report back here and there are people such as myself that can tell you a bit about your honor box sales as it pertains to snack machines as I have experience with both.

I'll certainly do. Maybe i will try in an account that rejected me because the energy consumption was unknow.

Maybe you don't know but i'm from another country  (El Salvador) and the honor box system will be an experiment because it will be new.

Bring your honor box from USA to here will cost me aroun $40, i'll look if i can make one cheaper of wood. What would you recommend? Open a new thread in Honor Box?

Firstly, welcome to the forum.  Secondly, mi esposa es salvadorena!  I'm just a typical American though.

As for the honor box, the information about where you live changes everything.  What I know applies here for the most part, but office workers should be the same here as they are there (in the sense that they are demanding but don't buy much).  To make an honor box shouldn't take much.  In fact, you could just use any cardboard box sturdy enough to hold some snacks.  I don't know how the margins on snacks are there so you should disregard whatever I said about pricing here.

To make an honor box, I would use something lightweight and keep a place for the money where YOU can get to it but no one can steal the whole thing.  Don't make it obvious but it doesn't have to be built like a fortress either.  Simply using a plastic jar with a plastic lid and having an opening to drop money should be sufficient enough.  I would cover the outside of the jar with white paper so people don't see the money inside.  You may be able to build something better.  Just make it so no one can conveniently steal the entire jar/box/whatever you use, but also make it easy for you to get to.  Here, I simply use a cardboard honor box with another cardboard box inside and I use a zip-tie to keep it "secure."  I sold my honor boxes though so I no longer do that.  You really might need someone local to mentor you on this because a lot of things are different there.

Great, so you already taste the real pupusas? Food of the gods.

I'm totally agree, the principles are the same; everybody get thirsty or hungry, that is universal. What is different is the $$$. Here the minimum salary is around $300, you can buy a coke por $0.40 in Pricesmart (similar that Costco or something like that), one of the common prices for sell the coke in vending is $0.60 ($0.20 of margin, almost for all the beverages); so the pricing is different. The other thing are the machine prices; if i found a great machine for $500 on Ebay i should pay around $500 to package it, palletize, and ship to Miami where they will bring it to me for $260; then i have to pay around %30 of all those amount in customs plus $100 for a customs agent; as you can see we have som troubles to get cheap machines LOL. A plus is that we are not too regulated by IRS or some health ministry.

About a mentor, this business it's not so developed but you can not get mentoring because the competition; i know only of 4 companies and a few independent vendors only in the capital, in the rest of the tiny country vending does not exists...here if you drive more than 1 hour, it's far . But as you may know the things are different here: vandalism, dishonesty, violence; so you can not put your machine in any place, and most of the great locations are taked. I have 24 years, took me 6 months to put my first machine in this place where is bad, and the other one i'm trying to locate it in an english academy; not so good so far LOL. But it's hard to get location and making calls if you work at the side of your boss, and you need 10 minutes to go and return from a good and private place to make the calls plus the time of the call.

That's why i said about honor boxes ; this will be an experiment trying to prove that the most of the working people in my country is honest; it's a really cheap risk. Maybe if works, try the "Beverage Honor box" as another post in this forum for that location and get out my machine ASAP. At the end that will be like a Mini Micro Market.

I hope to have a great understanding and learnig from all of you, reading past posts and posting new questions.

Regards

Lol, yes, I have had a few authentic pupusas. I'm still not used to the flavor or consistency... Or the greasiness, but I don't think I have a choice when she makes some. I have had some other dishes that are very tasty though.

As for the business, I will give more insight when I get back to my computer. Hopefully I can help you to come up with a plan.

Archived