Cashless payment devices.

Vendlike

Hello, new vending machines owner is here.( i know you are tired of reading that).

I will get brand new vending machines soon, they operate with MDB/ICP version 3.0 24v A.C . Communication protocol , multi protocol are not allowed.

What is the difference between mono-protocol and multi-protocol ?

I want to add payment devices , and i would like to add the all in one kinda devices, the ones that have cashless (credit-debit)+ cash and coin all together in one device to minimize cuttings in the machines and have a nicer appearance.

Does this mean it is multi-protocol? I do not understand.

Also ,I got a list of the preferred cashless devices by the company, and they are mostly "keys" ,what and how does it work?

Also what is the procedure with the payment system and the devices, do i go to the bank that I'm dealing with and ask them what devices they deal with and prefer? And then i get them or they do?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Vendlike said:

Hello, new vending machines owner is here.( i know you are tired of reading that).

I will get brand new vending machines soon, they operate with MDB/ICP version 3.0 24v A.C . Communication protocol , multi protocol are not allowed.

What is the difference between mono-protocol and multi-protocol ?

I want to add payment devices , and i would like to add the all in one kinda devices, the ones that have cashless (credit-debit)+ cash and coin all together in one device to minimize cuttings in the machines and have a nicer appearance.

Does this mean it is multi-protocol? I do not understand.

Also ,I got a list of the preferred cashless devices by the company, and they are mostly "keys" ,what and how does it work?

Also what is the procedure with the payment system and the devices, do i go to the bank that I'm dealing with and ask them what devices they deal with and prefer? And then i get them or they do?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your basic, vague and mis-informed post you haven't yet read or searched through the forum.  There is tons of information here at the beck and call of a search.

I don't know what idiotic company you're dealing with if your terminology is exactly as they have told you.  If you are really going to buy new machines then they will all be capable of accepting card payments because all new machines use the MDB protocol which is how the coin mech, bill validator and card reader interface with the machine.  The MDB protocol stands for Multi-Drop Bus which is similar to USB on a computer.  

The real question is who are you buying machines from and why are you buying new machines?  This smells like a franchise scam and I'll bet it's a healthy vending scam.

1) I hope for your sake you have not bought a healthy vending franchise or vending business opportunity.  If you have, research those topics here to find out why we advise against those businesses.

2) Don't bother your bank about the type of card reader you use, they have nothing to do with it.  The processors just make direct deposits to your account and the bank has no knowledge about the technology in the machines.

3) The important part of that gibberish your seller gave you was "MDB".  You are at least in good shape there.  It sounds like you want to use what is known as a "4 in 1" bezel, that is the part that fits on the bill validator that is visible to the customer.  The 4 in 1 allows the use of credit cards by swipe or tap.  The common one is made by Crane/MEI and fits on their current series of validators.  Contact USA Technologies or Nayax for the telemetry units and let them know you will need the adaptor harness for the MEI 4 in 1.   You can also get the telemetry from Crane but I would not advise it, they are too expensive and not user friendly in that area.  Good luck!

On 2/6/2017 at 5:18 AM, AZVendor said:

From your basic, vague and mis-informed post you haven't yet read or searched through the forum.  There is tons of information here at the beck and call of a search.

I don't know what idiotic company you're dealing with if your terminology is exactly as they have told you.  If you are really going to buy new machines then they will all be capable of accepting card payments because all new machines use the MDB protocol which is how the coin mech, bill validator and card reader interface with the machine.  The MDB protocol stands for Multi-Drop Bus which is similar to USB on a computer.  

The real question is who are you buying machines from and why are you buying new machines?  This smells like a franchise scam and I'll bet it's a healthy vending scam.

You dont have to be so attacking and rude, you dont HAVE to answer, i wish you had kept your answer to yourself as it was actually not what i had specifically asked about. 

I was not attacking you, I was simply telling you that if you repeated the information as it was given to you then you are dealing with someone who doesn't understand what they are selling.  It all adds up to big red flags.  I'm trying to save you money and heartache in case you are giving money to someone who is promising the moon and then doesn't deliver.

The issue of not addressing what you asked is that you didn't ask a question that could be answered due to incorrect terminology.  I can't read your mind so I had to attempt to interpret what you asked.  That led me to the conclusion that you might be dealing with a scam company only interested in selling overpriced machines to someone who doesn't understand vending.  

I still don't know what you asked nor if my or Southeast Treats answers helped you.  Your post here still doesn't even tell us what you "specifically asked."  I will also defend my comment about using the search function to find information.  You have no idea the quantity of valuable knowledge that's in this forum and available to you with a simple search.

13 hours ago, Vendlike said:

You dont have to be so attacking and rude, you dont HAVE to answer, i wish you had kept your answer to yourself as it was actually not what i had specifically asked about. 

You were not attacked, we are trying to help you. I have been in the service side of vending for over 35 years and have no clue what you are asking. I am administrator of another forum, and at my job I am responsible for almost 4000 machines, 3000 credit card terminals and keeping all DEX reporting and telemetry fully functioning with our VMS and pre-kit line. 

In other words, I am very tech savvy, and you have done the equivalence of walking into you Ford dealer's service department and asking what is the best type of blinker fluid. Do you want help or or justification to spend 12 grand with a salesman on commission?

5 hours ago, lacanteen said:

You were not attacked, we are trying to help you. I have been in the service side of vending for over 35 years and have no clue what you are asking. I am administrator of another forum, and at my job I am responsible for almost 4000 machines, 3000 credit card terminals and keeping all DEX reporting and telemetry fully functioning with our VMS and pre-kit line. 

In other words, I am very tech savvy, and you have done the equivalence of walking into you Ford dealer's service department and asking what is the best type of blinker fluid. Do you want help or or justification to spend 12 grand with a salesman on commission?

What forum do you run George?  Also, is there a specific blinker fluid you would recommend for winter weather in PA ;)

2 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

What forum do you run George?  Also, is there a specific blinker fluid you would recommend for winter weather in PA ;)

The forum is a small local news forum based in Tuscaloosa, AL where I moved here from.

Since I was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio, I very well know that you can only buy winter grade blinker fluid year around and should only change it when you lube your muffler bearings. I learned that the hard way on a '57 Chevy Mustang Hemi.

3 hours ago, lacanteen said:

The forum is a small local news forum based in Tuscaloosa, AL where I moved here from.

Since I was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio, I very well know that you can only buy winter grade blinker fluid year around and should only change it when you lube your muffler bearings. I learned that the hard way on a '57 Chevy Mustang Hemi.

:)

I'm not even a car guy but that's funny lol.  If I ever go to LA, I am going to try to give you a ring and ask you what kind of places I need to visit.  Me and the significant other would like to travel and I personally want to hit New Orleans.  Thing is, I don't know if I could handle some of the cuisine there!  There might be too much spice for me to handle.  Plus, some of those people there... I don't know if they are speaking English or French.  Word has it that Cajun speaks his own language.

Archived