Pre kit usa tech

TKK

So alot of my g9s if you click on the transactions online it shows you like 3:00pm $1.00 cash a087 or something meaning the selection. Tjis is on machines that i dont even think.have dex i dont even bother plugging it in since many usi snack dont have them. How can i prekit? How do you program say A1 on a snack macchine so that the sales show like hot cheetos as A1? That way you see what has slod and just take down the right items? Or do u have to decode the selections and see what item it vends? Do you need dex to see what items sold?

13 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

If you're not using the DEX file, you have to use the column mapping routine.

Tell me more about this. I have a few Australian made machines that don't DEX and the manufacturer went out of biz, but are handy smaller machines that suit some situations. I only have one left out on site, but a few in the shed.

I see in the Nayax control panel there is an option under sales source for "live transactions" instead of DEX, but all the prekitting screen is based on DEX files, so I have not experimented with this option. Would be nice if I could get telemetry going without DEX on these machine.

I think he's referring to using a planogram so you know what's in that selection.  So.. if you have a file or picture that shows Doritos are in selection A1, and "A1" sold 8 times since last delivery, then you need 8 Doritos.  I can't promise that's what he meant.  That's pretty much all that Dex will tell you too. I don't even think the new machines can be programmed to know what's in the selection.

I know there is some way to extract that via MDB because PayRange is able to do it, but you should probably look into VMS (vending management system) software to manage all the data for you and produce your prekitting reports and other data reports.  

For example it shows it made idk say $50 in one day. You click the ammount and it has every transaction listed. Then it says items  and says like 0015($1.25), 000D ($1.50) etc. I mean thats on a RVv machine where selections are like 11-58 or so. How do we decode that? In that example that machine does have dex plugged in.

The snack doesnt have dex, but still if you see items, it says 0022(.75), 0020(.75) etc. 

Im just trying to figure out if any one here has decoded this, it would be awesome if you can modify it from item number to custom where u can put doritos, corn nuts, etc. And then maybe a total of what sold per items so it would be like corn nuts 10, pop tarts 7, etc. Isnt it really easy for them to do that??

That's what a VMS does.  You enter your planograms into the system and it relates the DEX data to the planogram.   Don't try to reinvent the wheel, there are plenty of different software providers out there that already do it...

http://parlevelsystems.com/?hvid=4GMV6b

http://vendsys.com/index.html

https://www.vendsoft.com/

I only have 5 credit card reader machines with USA Tech but here is what I do...

I wait until the machine has hit a certain dollar total.  Most of mine are around the $200 mark.  Once they get close to that number, or pass it, I use this one report.  It shows me what each column has done, and then I cross reference it with what's in each column.  When I leave each one of those machines, I take a picture of the machine once filled so I know what's in each column.  I takes about 5 minutes each machine each time, but for now, where I'm at in my business, it works for me.  

I go to "Build a Report" on the left hand side.  Then I click on the "Summary Report" section.  I type in the time period (beginning date, ending date), keep it on all transaction types, then in the columns section, I total by:Device, then by:Item.  On Data Values, I click on # of Trans and # of Items.  Then I click on the one specific machine that I want to pull the data for.  

Let me know if that gets you where you are looking to go...

7 hours ago, TKK said:

That would be replacing my g9 readers though right? Parlevel has offered me readers before and kiosks

No, parlevel can get the DEX data from almost any reader out there.  No replacements required.  In fact, before they offered their own cashless they used USAT readers.... if you get the school account know also that you can add the telemetry without adding cashless and save about $100 per machine up front.  Cashless might get good use in high school but very little in middle school (been there done that)... and if you get the school account you will probably want to be up and running on a good VMS to keep track of everything...

I got the school act. I added the moldel number to the column maps and it works well. I wish they would let u edit. Instead of saying 0022=22 they should let u put like 22=doritos 

2 hours ago, TKK said:

I got the school act. I added the moldel number to the column maps and it works well. I wish they would let u edit. Instead of saying 0022=22 they should let u put like 22=doritos 

Yes but that would be very tedious when you rotate product around or add new items. Unless you specifically always keep each and every selection the same. Which to me seems like a stale idea.

I do exactly what the above poster does. After loading my snack machines I take a quick photo of it on my cell phone. Than when I arrive at location I quickly pull up that report from my cell phone and check which items sold. It's not perfect but if you see A4 sold 9 times you know you need that.

Anyhow sweet new account, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

So i figured it out. Very cool and you dont need dex like everyone in here says. 

You go to column mapping. You click the device u want to map. Then you look for your model on the mapping selections (ex. National 168). It then in gray shows you the selection code with corresponding selection. A000=A0.

Then you copy and click on create new. Paste it. Then modify it to say like A000=A0 (doritos) then go down all the way. Make sure u know the model.of the machine as well as a pic of your selections.Add one by one and click save after you rename it. Then click on the new template created and then it should be good to go

Ok so ive been busy tring doing the column mapping to most of my machines. To know what you need for the last service do u guys know a shortcut? Ive done report by summary and say you service per week i do the 7 day one, it shows all sales and ammounts but not the items. The only time i see the actual items is by clicking on the actual daily report u click on the sales and it shows you what items sold that day

I'm guess that you are looking at MDB data if dex isn't available. Save yourself the major headache of manually mapping every machine and deciphering the data and get a VMS. Then you can even use forecasting for offline machines and be able to pre kit them. 

We use Parlevel and I can't imagine doing anything else now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, pdxryan said:

are you talking about a report like the picture i attached i dont have dex i just use collum mapping. it tells me what it vends i know what i need to bring out

usa sample.png

I have spent hours trying to generate a report like this to no avail. What/where/how do you generate this exact report? I have all my columns mapped, so that's done. Thanks!

I use Nayax  and this is from the app on my phone.  After initial product mapping, you can see exactly what is in your machines at any given time.  Second picture is the pick list it generates for prekitting.  Product maps are easy to change too.  

276A6569-9CDF-4A46-A745-9CA1EC829AA8.png

5CFDF0D0-A6FD-4B61-88BB-A252961FEA32.png

He's asking how to do it, not a picture of what it looks like.

For USA Tech, I haven't figured it out completely but when you go to generate a report, there are other tabs on the screen that allow you to generate different kinds of reports.  However... there are SO many options to set up the reports, and it can take so long to generate each report, I gave up on trying to figure it out.

19 hours ago, AngryChris said:

He's asking how to do it, not a picture of what it looks like.

For USA Tech, I haven't figured it out completely but when you go to generate a report, there are other tabs on the screen that allow you to generate different kinds of reports.  However... there are SO many options to set up the reports, and it can take so long to generate each report, I gave up on trying to figure it out.

I figured it out. Finally! Once I did, it actually seemed so stupid easy. Angry Chris, want me to do a walk through?

Archived