Small Machines that have Two Locks

locussst

19 minutes ago, locussst said:

If my route ever expands to a certain point it would be nice to have separate keys for money/candy so that I could hire someone to service the route without worrying that they will take some of the $$.

How common is it to actually do this? I just don't see what the owner would save by going behind someone else. I expect anybody I hire to steal at least a little bit but I don't see how it would be more than the fuel and time it took to go behind them.

That's kinda what I figured. If you're just starting out, it might be a little premature to add an extra expense like that. To justify hiring someone, you would need quite a few locations and they would need to do pretty well. I'm up to 150 locations and I could hire someone to run a majority of them, but it would shrink my profits quite a bit. 

If it's something you still really want to do, look for LYPC or Rhino machines for single heads or there is also a vendstar triple head that keeps the money and candy separate. Those are all lower quality and less reliable machines though, so keep that in mind. 

vendesigns and 1800 triples have separate keys for coins. I also think beaver makes a coin box add on, but i'd have to check their catalog to be sure.  But as brought out, I think that would be impractical to do. Not to mention that buying that extra lock adds up. I have 30 or so 1800 triples . That's 60 locks at $10 a pop. $600 bux just in locks for only 30 locations is rough. Granted they make cheaper locks, but still just imagine how many locks you'd need at the level you'd need to hire someone. 

I know Beaver really pushed the locking coin box feature for a while, but it's always struck me as odd that operators would want a more complicated machine to solve a purely hypothetical problem. Now, I'm nowhere near big enough to start hiring anyone to do my work for me, so perhaps I've done this all wrong, but I don't see large operators or national chains locking up their singles so i tend to think this isn't a serious or widespread problem for larger operations. My 2 cents anyway.

If I were going to buy locking coin boxes, I would contact Beaver, as I don't think Northwestern or Oak sell coin box machines, and I don't know that I'd trust equipment from importers if you haven't used their gear before. Good luck!

On 2/9/2017 at 7:29 PM, locussst said:

I recently purchased 5 Oak Vistas but I learned that they only have the one lock.  I am still happy with my purchase, but I was wondering what machines of this size have two locks - one for candy and one for the cash box?

Entervend has some that hold up well.  Chinese Deer Vending I'd compare quality to AA Chinese made machines.  

A NW 60 or Oak vista with a cab back, properly set will have around $70 in them when empty. $70 is a lot of boon in the bottom of one of these, there is no reason what so ever to have separate keys. You are in fact doubling your service cost making two trips to the same machine. You will not survive in business this way.

Archived