Vendo V57P - Has MDB; Can I Install a Credit Card Reader

fhamann

Dear Vending Forum,

I have a Vendo Drink machine, multi price, with MDB style coin mechanism.  The model number is V570P.  It does good business at its location.  I would like to add a credit card reader to this machine.  Can a credit card reader be hooked up to this machine?  I have a ePort "compatibility" list.  It lists "V-MAX 621-721-821."  The manual for V570P says it is a V-Max machine.  Does that mean that V570P is the same as V-MAX 621-721-821?

thanks for your help.

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

50 minutes ago, fhamann said:

Dear Vending Forum,

I have a Vendo Drink machine, multi price, with MDB style coin mechanism.  The model number is V570P.  It does good business at its location.  I would like to add a credit card reader to this machine.  Can a credit card reader be hooked up to this machine?  I have a ePort "compatibility" list.  It lists "V-MAX 621-721-821."  The manual for V570P says it is a V-Max machine.  Does that mean that V570P is the same as V-MAX 621-721-821?

thanks for your help.

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

The machines would be the same in all aspects except that the 621 would hold more product.  The electronics should all be identical and I can see no reason why you could/t install a card reader as long as you have the space.  Try and keep it at ADM level if possible just in case you're required to down the road.

It's hit and miss with the vendos. AZ helped me get one on line. Another one I set up seemed like it wasn't going to go on line but after closing the door twice it suddenly started working. After installing them close the door and wait a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I wrote down the software version printed on one of the chips on the control board.  It says:

VEC 5.1

VER 1.064

This machine is an MDB interface Vendo model V570P.

Will a card reader work with this machine?

thanks,
Frank

Orange, CA

Archived