Jackpotting

Jimmy

You're saying you have switched motors and the same selection keeps vending non-stop?  If so, then I would assume the problem is a bad motor switch.  Try to swap motor switches with another selection to see if the problem follows the switch.  Usually, a coasting motor is a motor problem.

Well he did say it's jackpotting from every other column.  I find it odd that he had "changed motors" and had the same problem.  I wonder if he's just moving one bad motor to another column?  This definitely calls for new motor switches and maybe known good used motors.  If the machine is single price then it can only be a motor or motor switch problem.  If it's a multiprice machine, which he didn't distinguish, then it could be a broken or cut wire in the motor area.  By "changing out several motors" as he side originally it sounds like it's time for a service tech to look at it.

I read that every other "slot" works perfect.  So I have to assume that the other columns are working fine but this individual selection keeps "jackpotting" even after changing out motors.  He really needs to give more information such as:

What model machine?  Single price or multi-price? 

What do you mean when you say it's "jackpotting" because "jackpotting" normally refers to giving out change.

When you say you changed out the motors, do you mean in the same selection or multiple selections?

Let's get some clarity!

Then you need to follow the wiring from the motor switch to the left side of the motor cover and inspect it closely for any damage because those fragile wires get caught on the cover there very easily.  If no issue there then follow those same wires all the way to the logic board.  Make sure that one of them hasn't pulled out of the board connector as that sometimes happens.  The machine is jackpotting because it doesn't see the switch which means that one wire is open.  The motor will run for about 8 seconds and then should trigger a "sold out" for that selection.

Archived