Experience with gas station connivence stores?

Hoshnasi

Hello!  I happened upon a good deal on a Tomy Gachapon and placed it at a gas station connivence store. Its been a week and I've only pulled $1.00.  How has everyones experiences been with connivence stores?  For background, the machine is a four head,  Domo, hello kitty in a shoe, Marvel buildables and marvel foam balls. 

Thanks for all the help!  I've been lurking here for a while and have been actively looking for good used deals.  This is my first 2" unit and I was curious on others experience!

Oh!  Side question, the top "show-off" area of the Gachapon is stuck.  It seems the white sliding pin won't retract when I turn the lock.  Any fix for that?

Thanks again!

C stores in the right neighborhood can make you some money. Right neighborhood being poor with lots of walk up trade. The items you are selling will not sell in that place, ever. The machine you are using wouldn't hold up in the right place. The best set up would be two Northwesterns bolted (use lock tite) on a welded together pipe stand chained to the wall, 850 gum and 1.1 capped jewelry at fifty cents. If you can talk them out of the space a small rack will do okay. In the right place. 

1 hour ago, musser said:

C stores in the right neighborhood can make you some money. Right neighborhood being poor with lots of walk up trade. The items you are selling will not sell in that place, ever. The machine you are using wouldn't hold up in the right place. The best set up would be two Northwesterns bolted (use lock tite) on a welded together pipe stand chained to the wall, 850 gum and 1.1 capped jewelry at fifty cents. If you can talk them out of the space a small rack will do okay. In the right place. 

Thank you for the tips!  You pretty much confirmed my fears.  In the meantime between swapping the units as I don't have .50 machines I swapped domo and kitty with led balls and voodoo dolls.

I've got some single head .25 oaks, but I'll keep and eye out for the NWs.

EDIT to add:  I forgot to mention, this C-store is next to a high school and gets alot foot traffic from the kids coming to buy soda etc. after school.

5 hours ago, musser said:

High school near makes a big difference, Light ups are great, superballs good too,

Again, thank you for the tips.  I'm running a Gacha machine. I heard they have issues with superballs?  Should I try running them?

I think the trouble is that a gacha capsule is not shaped like the usual 2" acorn, and the wheel would be different too. There is someone running a gacha machine at a long john silvers i frequent, and they have had to put up a sign saying they arent responsible for money lost to it. And its running 2" acorns and self-vending products.

I think the trouble is that a gacha capsule is not shaped like the usual 2" acorn, and the wheel would be different too. There is someone running a gacha machine at a long john silvers i frequent, and they have had to put up a sign saying they arent responsible for money lost to it. And its running 2" acorns and self-vending products.

Hmm. Two of my heads are acorn. The other round Gacha style. I didn't notice they had feeding issues. I know weight is very important though.

There are some places u can get the same stuff but capped for gacha machines. Just look around on the interwebs.

There is a vending supply a city over. They seem to have gacha and acorn, but not the same products in each container. I'll ask when I am there again.

Archived