Crane 170 Wiring Question (and question about freezing)

gelaro

I have a Crane 170 snack machine. On tray D, there are about four columns that don't work, all right next to each other (4, 5, 6, 7). I swapped C and D and the problem was the same (C worked D did not). I also unplugged the harness from a working column on D and plugged into a non-working column and it worked (though backward, because the coils turn the other way). That leads me to believe it is the wiring harness. There are no visible stress point or shorts on the harness. All the pins on the boards are straight and appear to be in position to make good contact.

Is there anything else I should try before replacing the wire harness?

Thanks.

Also, I have a drink machine (bottler owned) that wasn't cooling. It was repaired and then the 20oz bottles froze. It says compressor error. I have called the guy back out and he is supposed to come today. In the meantime, will the drinks be okay? They are frozen solid. Will they burst or does the plastic expand enough to account for the freezing? Will they still be drinkable or do I need to replace them? Is the cost of the drinks on me since their mistake caused the problem? 

Thanks for any help.

You need to shut that drink machine down NOW to prevent exploded sodas.  It may already be too late.  That machine has a bad temp sensor or the tech left something unplugged that triggered this.  Getting the cooling error means it's an electronic machine and only a bad temp control or temp sensor, assuming he didn't program a freezing temperature, are to blame.  Good luck getting a bottler to pay you anything.

It does sound like a bad shelf harness on your snack machine.  If a different shelf works but yours has issues then just replace the harness.

The good news is that the bottles thawed without any of them bursting. When I checked this morning they were all fine. Some still had a small core of ice in them but there were no bursts. I tried one and it tasted fine. So hopefully got away with it. 

Archived