What are these machines?

newguy47591

Im replacing these machines soon at a local hospital. Id kinda like to get similar machines for them. Here are the two food/snack machines there now. One is strictly a snack unit and other one has sandwiches in it. Im looking for maker/model and a place that sells them used or new..thanks!

lcmh4.JPG

lcmh2.JPG

These are bad golpher. I hate when they are like can u replace these guys and tou go and they have like 30k of equipment lol.  Just take em older ivend usi or surevend cranes w leds they do the same thing and ull save alot. They probably dont want their service right

large.amsss.JPG.b9af8a15c06159ca297b98a768d6f042.JPG

I looked up the crane machines and I also looked at other companys.  I must say I like the AMS machines better. I think the plain clean look looks nicer then the big flashy lights and all on the crane machines. I think with al the flashy lights and crap on the cranes it will confuse older customers.

I have a local guy that has this AMS Sensit II refrigerated sandwich/drink combo He bought it a year or so ago new and used it on a location he lost and its been sitting in warehouse since. It looks brand new and works. Hes wanting 700.00 for it. My question is can a credit card reader be added to this unit or is it to old.

For Hospital Id like to do a can soda, 20 oz soda, this ams sandwich unit and buy a ams snack.. what is everyones thoughts?

You can definitely add a credit card reader to the sensit 2 but that machine was definitely NOT bought new about a year ago.  I don't know how old it is... probably less than 10, but definitely more than 1 year.  He may have bought it refurbished 1 year ago.  For $700, if it cools properly, I think it's a steal, especially if it can be upgraded to sensit 3.  If that's the case, I would buy it, upgrade it, and add a card reader.  From my understanding, it's about $450 to upgrade it to a sensit 3 and it's about $300 to add a card reader.. so you'd be looking at $1450 for a very good updated refrigerated machine.  It might be more valuable to larger vendors than you due to the way it should be used but still a hell of a deal to have all of that once it's all said and done.

12 hours ago, AngryChris said:

You can definitely add a credit card reader to the sensit 2 but that machine was definitely NOT bought new about a year ago.  I don't know how old it is... probably less than 10, but definitely more than 1 year.  He may have bought it refurbished 1 year ago.  For $700, if it cools properly, I think it's a steal, especially if it can be upgraded to sensit 3.  If that's the case, I would buy it, upgrade it, and add a card reader.  From my understanding, it's about $450 to upgrade it to a sensit 3 and it's about $300 to add a card reader.. so you'd be looking at $1450 for a very good updated refrigerated machine.  It might be more valuable to larger vendors than you due to the way it should be used but still a hell of a deal to have all of that once it's all said and done.

I think the guy maybe lost track of time ..he bought it new Im sure but its probaly a few years older then he says according to you guys :)

Im new to all this ..so m newbie question of the day..what does sensit 2 and sensit 3 mean? Whats the difference. Also how and what do I need to upgrade from 2 to 3?

Sensit 2 machines came with different, more reliable sensors, a new logic board and display.  Sensit 3 came with motors that have switches on them so that the machine can be told to home each motor at the end of a vend. Prior to the Sensit 3 all AMS machines would stop the motors in whatever position they were in when the falling product broke the sensors.  You could never home those motors up until the S3 came out with switches on the motors.  The S2 kits are no longer available so if you ever need to upgrade an S1 or S2 machine it will always have to become an S3 though if you still have the old non-switch motors it will still work.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:40 AM, TKK said:

These are bad golpher. I hate when they are like can u replace these guys and tou go and they have like 30k of equipment lol.  Just take em older ivend usi or surevend cranes w leds they do the same thing and ull save alot. They probably dont want their service right

Most big accounts that warrant new machines will ask for them. And the next company that comes around offering them brand new equipment (as we have been doing lately) will kick them to the curb. Imo if an account does that well, what's the problem getting nice machines? They  are going to pay for themselves one way or the other. 

21 hours ago, newguy47591 said:

large.amsss.JPG.b9af8a15c06159ca297b98a768d6f042.JPG

I looked up the crane machines and I also looked at other companys.  I must say I like the AMS machines better. I think the plain clean look looks nicer then the big flashy lights and all on the crane machines. I think with al the flashy lights and crap on the cranes it will confuse older customers.

I have a local guy that has this AMS Sensit II refrigerated sandwich/drink combo He bought it a year or so ago new and used it on a location he lost and its been sitting in warehouse since. It looks brand new and works. Hes wanting 700.00 for it. My question is can a credit card reader be added to this unit or is it to old.

For Hospital Id like to do a can soda, 20 oz soda, this ams sandwich unit and buy a ams snack.. what is everyones thoughts?

I just had to pull the refrigeration deck on this exact machine today because AMS thought it would be a good idea to run the refrigerant line through the condensate pan :angry:

I've replace three AMS decks on the last year.
I like the machines. A sensit 2 can be updated to a sensor 3 board just by putting in the new board.
I would suggest one of the newer sensit 2's that has a door to clean the condenser. It makes it a lot easier to work on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, PHX1 said:

I just had to pull the refrigeration deck on this exact machine today because AMS thought it would be a good idea to run the refrigerant line through the condensate pan :angry:

That's to heat the condensate and evaporate it quicker.  If that's where it leaked then put the line back when you repair it so you don't overflow the pan.  The original line lasted this long and the new one will last just as long again if it's thick copper.

I want to say, I really like AMS equipment.  We use a lot of them and they work great.  But this thread brings up one of the points I don't like about AMS.  We have quite a few of these machines and what I don't care for is the variance from model to model.  When AMS changed from Sensit I to Sensit II to Sensit III they just kept pulling parts off the shelf until they used up their old stock and then went to the new stock.

I've got a Sensit II that looks like an old Sensit 1 (no upgrade, just the way it came from the factory)  I've got a Sensit II that looks like the one shown in the photos above and then I've got a Sensit II that looks like a new Sensit III model, but it just had an older Sensit II board in it.  All these are factory.  So I can't just call and order a keypad.  I have to give the serial number to get the right keypad. (Some are alphanumeric and some are just numeric)  Why?  Why do this?

Archived