Trucking Terminal For Snack&Soda

winning123

Some do great and some only do okay.  Put in a snack and a soda and feel it out.  Make sure they are inside an air conditioned breakroom and monitor your sales closely.  Don't let them force you to do anything else like food or coffee unless the soda and snacks together become your best location.   

I had one that did great. Had company employees and well as contract drivers. Some of these had to wait while their truck was unloaded or have mandatory breaks as required by law. Office staff worked 9-5, but the trucker could access the lounge 24/7. I was doing around $150 per week with a small combo machine and constantly selling out with weekly servicing. I tried to put a bigger machine in, which was a nightmare fitting through doors, only to be told a week later by a higher up manager I had never before met or dealt with that the machine was too big and too noisy. The smaller machine couldn't be remotely monitored and I felt a bit burnt to put it back in, so lost the account, but it was one of my best from my first small acquisition.

I now have another smaller trucking warehouse, which isn't really doing the sales to justify having a machine, so may pull it. So, as AZ says, some do well, some don't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a few locations that have requested 100% healthy and I won't do that because generally speaking people don't want 100% healthy all of the time . I can understand a few healthy items and maybe add a few more if the sales are there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time 100% healthy works if is there is no other choice.  Nothing at all, no where.  Some high end offices do okay but as we know even in accounts that buy healthy the sales are low compared to traditional products. 

When you run into those accounts that want healthy my suggestion if it is a good account, don't lose it. Try this pitch. Explain healthy is a good idea but because the cost is 40% higher on those products people don't buy it.  Then ask if you could stock maybe 30 or 40% healthy.  If they don't sell you will still stock them, if they agree to pay for the stale date items.

We have worked a deal like that with several locations.  We just did the FairPlex in Pomona.  It all hinged on healthy.  We won the bid because of our offer to do a portion with a buy back guarantee.  They ordered 18 machines and our Canteen Franchise vendor is setting them up.

http://www.fairplex.com/

Archived