Slugs

vendtex

I get some strange .. I'm guessing oil change related part at a particular oil change place. I let it slide because it's a good location and they only get about$3 worth of Mike and ikes every cycle with their stealing trick... If it got out of hand I'd just pull that location

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I had a problem in a pizza place with cardboard punch-outs from pizza boxes. I was surprised it worked on a Northwestern Triple Play but it did. It is a strong location so i didn't want to lose it or raise a fuss so I switched to Oak equipment and that stopped the problem. 

I have machines that take tokens. Everytime my machines areserviced they have  aprox 2dolllars in dimes  and pennies. I put the dimes in myself and no product comes out.  I also keep a count on how much I have . It seems like I am not getting ripped off.  I guess its coffee money but not starbucks

On 3/2/2017 at 5:10 AM, gumball guy said:

I had a problem in a pizza place with cardboard punch-outs from pizza boxes. I was surprised it worked on a Northwestern Triple Play but it did. It is a strong location so i didn't want to lose it or raise a fuss so I switched to Oak equipment and that stopped the problem. 

Does oak have the coin fall through option?  would the slugs jam up the oak?

47 minutes ago, vendtex said:

Does oak have the coin fall through option?  would the slugs jam up the oak?

Yes it does. In regards to the cardboard slug it would get caught by the washer dog and that prevented it from turning a full revolution. The cardboard slug was the same size as a quarter so it fit correctly into the coin carrier and didn't fall through. It will cause a jam 9 out of 10 times because the cardboard rolls up once it hits the washer dog.. It sucks because you lose sales due to the jam but ultimately they stop trying to use the cardboard. Lose a battle or two but hopefully win the war.

• 2 weeks later...

I get a couple slugs a week, usually mixed in with a handful of Canadian quarters from the rougher side of town. Slugs vary- I see more cardboard ones than metal- the metal ones are all but impossible to ferret out I'm afraid.

They make slugs to work. We ran newspapers when i was younger and thats what they gave you to open the machines to replace the papers. Literally nothing can be done. If you get a few consistently, they could be from the same person, so baggie them and take them to your local pd. They may have prints in the system.

Archived