Account of two years wants lower prices?

Courtesy Vending

Hello, 

My best account (grosses $400 a week) just called me to tell me they want to discuss pricing (of snacks, and sodas) with me on Thursday morning.

Currently everything in my snack machine chips and candy's is $1.00 and the danishes are $1.25

Soda is $1.00 and the monstor $2.25 and 12oz redbull is $3.00. 

It has been this way for about 2 years. Any advice on how should I negotiate? I mean if I drop prices further I'm worried about working for free essentially, and things would inevitably sell faster.

I mean not that it matters I give away like 2 or 3 things away everything that I go. Maybe I should not have done that..

Stick to your guns because, like you said, if you drop your prices you will be working for free.  If the company wants to subsidize your pricing that's another story but be sure you collect the subsidy every time you're there.  If they want lower prices then you could eliminate any commission you pay them but you could also say that you were already planning to increase some pricing and if they don't want them higher you could forgo the commission.  

Archived