Dixie Narco 501e Random Selection Issue

Good evening everyone. I am very much a rookie when it comes to soda vending machines.  I bought a used Dixie Narco 501e off a guy to put into my laundry mat.  For the most part I have navigated through the issues that I encountered ok (setting prices, installing shims).  However something happened this past weekend.  

I came into the store to see that the Dixie Narco had "00" being displayed.  I turned off the machine and let it rest for a bit and then turned it back on.  The machine went through its reset process.  Then the display when and showed 99.95 which I knew meant I needed to reset the price.  I successfully reset the price.  Now for the fun part..

I tested the machine by putting in a dollar and selecting the first choice.  A soda came out in the 2nd bay.  I tried again - pressed the 1 choice and a soda came out in the 3rd bay.  I tried again this time selecting the 3 choice and a soda came out from the first bay.  You get the idea.  What happened?  how do I reset it?  What did I do... Any help or insight would be appreciated.  Did somehow the configuration of the machine get changed?  We had lost power briefly that week.

Thanks.

Either your board somehow defaulted to a space-to-sales setting (sts) or your board is damaged.  I believe you have a weird sts setting.  you'll have to navigate to sts and set it to the proper setting.  I don't know what that setting is. However, if the machine lost its pricing, then the board likely needs a new battery anyway. 

I have never heard of that brand but I think either the board was originally customized for their brand or that board was originally in a different machine that came with an odd default setup. Coke is notorious for having the first two or three selections all the same.

I don't remember if that board has a battery that can be replaced easily.  The easiest fix is to get the board repaired and set everything again. It is also easy to have the board exchanged but it will cost more. Roughly $70 for a repair and $150 for an exchange. And no, I don't sell parts despite my profile saying I'm a supplier.  The only thing I supply to this site is a little money and a lot of typed words.

You have space-to-sales set to vend columns 1-3 from button 1 and probably from buttons 2 and 3 as well if you have 9 buttons on the door.  The machine displaying 99.95 means it lost it's prices due to a bad battery on the logic board.  Power off and remove the logic board cover.  There will be a CR2032 battery in a holder that probably still has hot glue on it to keep it in place.  Replace that battery then power up again.  Hold the mode button for 3 minutes and this will reset the machine to factory default settings.  After that you will need to reprogram all of your pricing and you should have 1-1 settings again for STS, or, in other words, STS will not be set up.  If your columns still vend in the manner as before after all of this then you have a custom EPROM that will need to be replaced, but I doubt that is the case.

THank you to everyone so far who has replied.  I am going to try and look at the STS.  I do recall at one point seeing the screen flash something about STS 1-1 (either disabled or enabled) I can't remember.  I will be able to look at it again later this week as we got some snow where I live today.

Good evening everyone.  So, i did a little trouble shooting this weekend on the machine.  I am convinced it has something to do with reseting the space-to-sales (STS) setting.  I just dont know what to do.  So, I got into the STS menu setting.  Each button basically had 1-1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8 when I did the display.  When I attempted to delete any other button than the first the message said "button 2 is a slave button"

So - how do I reset the STS back to normal?  or better yet do I have to go through the process of adding each button to its respective column? Then will that make button 2, column 2 and button 3 column 3?  I am completely perplexed by this one.  I was thinking of disconnecting all the cabling and cleaning it and reconnecting.  

I can post pictures if that would help.

15 minutes ago, VendingNewBe said:

All.  Thank you so much..  Full reset worked perfectly.   Hold the service mode button down for 2 minutes.  Everything reset.  Set the pricing and I was done.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Good idea!  I was trying to figure out how to do that but had to resort to deleting and adding sts.  Definitely added to my repertoire now.  

Archived