New Kid on the Block

sabr5

Hello, I'm very new here. I stumbled into option to buy an existing business. They have about 30 snack machines, and operate about 70 Pepsi machines. It comes with a truck that is basically a junker. They want 30k. I looked at numbers but i can't remember what they were. 

Budiness has has been on autopilot for a number of years because the owner is busy and the employee doing the routes is worthless.

oh, and there are some great locations! 

Should I buy it? Basically 1000 a machine plus the truck. 

Hi everyone, from Sydney Australia

I am am new to the FORUM and happy to be here finally to find excellent information on the vending business as we dont really have such a forum back home. I am sure the same principles apply here as they do over here. 

I look forward to receiving some advice and feedback on this new venture I am looking to embark on. 

I have been researching some routes and looking at purchasing existing one as to start the cash flow rolling but at the same time I need to ensure the price is right. 

My goal initially is 10-15 machines. 

I would love to know what value/formula to apply when purchasing a route and what to offer. For example:

3 machines located in same office bock, $280 per week turnover (14500 year) for all 3 machines. Machines are over 4 years old.  The asking price is 22k. 

How much is it really worth according to these numbers?

Feedback would be appreciated and I look forward to being here for the support and help. 

John

Archived