Ap 113

I have an ap 113 considering putting a vendors exchange kit on it. Also it has split shelf with two chip coils 6 candy coils anybody know how easy is it to convert the tray to all chip coils? Advice on these would be appreciated?

That has a convertible candy shelf then.  That means you can remove the divider between every other spiral and that those spirals alternate directions between CW and CCW.  You then couple the motors in the programming to make them turn together.  You have to replace the candy shelf fronts with snack fronts and remove every other selection label.  You also need appropriately sized spirals.

I have a shelf like that on an AP 112 but it's great for me because I only have one and a half candy shelf instead of 2 full shelves.  So I have no comment on changing them.

As for the VE kit.  I won't advise against it, but I have seen many people give positive reviews on the inone kits.  It might be worth considering too.  I have actually installed two VE UCB's on two AP 7600's and one InOne board on a USI 3014.  In the end, I think I prefer the InOne for three reasons.  Firstly, the InOne kit allows me to use my existing mech and validator OR switch to MDB.  Just be aware that you might need a longer MDB harness on certain machines.  Secondly, the VE UCB's installation guide is a little more confusing and the programming guide is WAY more confusing whereas the InOne guides are pretty straight forward.  Thirdly (and the least concerning), one of my two machines was problematic for a while.  I think it was due to some sporadic voltage drops at the location and very possibly not the board's fault.. but I have seen other people mention the same problem too.  It seems as though the VE UCB is more prone to freezing up during voltage drops than the InOne board.

Once everything is installed, it's great with either kit.  I am pretty indifferent ONLY because I feel in my gut that VE will support their product better than InOne will in the long run.  If that weren't a concern, and if the VE UCB wasn't slightly cheaper, I would probably stick exclusively with InOne.  I think they are both very good products though and both enable you to switch entirely to MDB and add credit card readers and drop sensors.  I'll let you know that I don't plan on upgrading my AP 110's when they have dual helix motors though.  They are pretty reliable and I have them at places where they get slightly abused.  I will totally upgrade AP 6000/7000's, National 147/148, 157/158, or any USI 3015's if they are in pristine condition, or AP 110's with single helix motors.

On the 3014, it was easy to install and setup. I liked it but it's worth more than the machine it's in.  I have considered taking it out and putting the original board back in so I can use it in a nice 3015.  I haven't had any problems. 

Archived