Few Questions on Vendo V264M Mountain Dew Machine

JLS2016

New vending machine owner here...

Question #1 - I assume this little red screen by the coin insert is supposed to tell you how much you've inserted or something? It's turned off. Pretty sure I noticed it flicker a dot or something when dropping a quarter in a couple times? What steps should I take to get this going?

#2 - Is there a comparable bill acceptor or something I can easily add-on to this?

#3 - We want to sell cans so I have it set on a double wide row of cans. But, i imagine many people at our campground will be looking for late night bottles of water. Can I set one row somehow to despinse bottled water easily?

Thanks

It sounds like a single price machine.  Take a picture of the electronics inside and/or tell us what model coin mech is inside. We need the model number, not the serial number.  It's usually easy to take the coin mech off by lifting it up about half of an inch and pulling it out. There are usually 3 screws that it's hanging on.

The red display indicates that you have a multiprice machine with a logic board in it.  The display is replaceable and the fact that you have seen flashes from it could just be a loosely connected harness on the display or the logic board.  You can set any narrow can column to vend water by adjusting that motor cam to only show one notch around it's circumference rather than the two notches you see now for 2 deep can vending.  Adjust your rear column spacer forward so that you only have 1 finger of space between the depressed sold out paddle and the bottle when the bottle is pushed against the spacer.  Don't use any store brand water.  You need a bottle that is firm when it's warm or it will collapse when it cools in the machine. 

You can also add a bill validator to it as long as you have a compatible coin mech with a validator input on it.  Give us the coin mech model from it's side label.  You can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a validator for it.

Archived