Mall account worth it?

RikaKazak

So I was approached by 2 malls (the guy manages 3, 2 of which are in my area) and wants me to put in anything I want except no bulk candy.  Problem is the locations are in Washington State, which SUCKS in regards to amusement vending.  (no keymasters, NOTHING like that, only play till you win or skill based with crazy regulations).

He also wants $250 for the first machine, $150 for additional machines, and then 40% after the first $650.  (and of course all machines must be metered)

That just seems RIDICULOUS to me,  I'd have to do 10+ cotton candies a day just to make a few bucks.  Are there any machines that would be profitable in a spot like this?  Do malls really do those kind of numbers?  (The city the malls are in have 400Kish people)

The only plus is the malls aren't requiring "new" machines.

I wouldn't touch it. The $150 and $250 is the base rent per month? That's how it usually works. Then the 40% of sales after the base is met. Offer him 30%. I have been able to do this in malls that have gone bankrupt, are barely holding on and desperate for anything they can get.

Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it!

When trying to guesstimate how much a mall does numbers wise, do you guys have any tips?  Or is it one of those "it depends" type of answers so no way of really guesstimating without being able to see it for yourself?

On 3/22/2017 at 9:42 PM, RikaKazak said:

So I was approached by 2 malls (the guy manages 3, 2 of which are in my area) and wants me to put in anything I want except no bulk candy.  Problem is the locations are in Washington State, which SUCKS in regards to amusement vending.  (no keymasters, NOTHING like that, only play till you win or skill based with crazy regulations).

He also wants $250 for the first machine, $150 for additional machines, and then 40% after the first $650.  (and of course all machines must be metered)

That just seems RIDICULOUS to me,  I'd have to do 10+ cotton candies a day just to make a few bucks.  Are there any machines that would be profitable in a spot like this?  Do malls really do those kind of numbers?  (The city the malls are in have 400Kish people)

The only plus is the malls aren't requiring "new" machines.

Put in double play cranes to satisfy the play/win law 

Archived