LCM3 selection D4 control D4 and D2

Hi All,

I have an LCM3 with a UCB that acting weird.  When selecting D4 it vendings D4 as well as D2.  Called VEII and they said it is minor maybe a dirty contact with the shelf prong to machine connection.  Could there be a short somewhere also?  I disconnected D4 and that solved my problem, but I sure would like to use that spiral selection.

THanks

Sounds like a bad board to me. I have had that same problem and the board fixed it. VE board is universal if you have any other machines with a VE board you can swap to see. That's the 1 thing I like about their boards. You need to buy a spare to have on hand at all times when you get the chance. 

25 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Sounds like a bad board to me. I have had that same problem and the board fixed it. VE board is universal if you have any other machines with a VE board you can swap to see. That's the 1 thing I like about their boards. You need to buy a spare to have on hand at all times when you get the chance. 

I could be wrong, but last I checked, they are not universal because the harnesses don't all match up since different machines may use different motor harnesses, display harnesses, etc...  I really doubt a VE UCB in a National 147 would work in a AP 7600 for example, but the UCB in a 7600 might work in a 4000.  I truly don't know 100% though.

Take out tray "D" and swap it with another tray (ie:"E"). Reset the machine and let it count the motors. If it follows the tray it is an issue at the tray level and would not be a board. 

2 hours ago, Technivend said:

Take out tray "D" and swap it with another tray (ie:"E"). Reset the machine and let it count the motors. If it follows the tray it is an issue at the tray level and would not be a board. 

Swapped trays d and c. Held reset button 5 seconds.  All selections in  d tray wouldnt work. I feel like my wiring at the tray level is screwy.  

You could try pulling the harness off the tray and manually inserting it into the cabinet connector. I've seen the plastic get out of shape where it won't go in all the way. A bit of filing fixes that. 

When you swapped the trays and held in the mode switch. Did you then hold in the interlock switch to get a motor count?

Did the C tray work in the D position?

4 hours ago, Technivend said:

You could try pulling the harness off the tray and manually inserting it into the cabinet connector. I've seen the plastic get out of shape where it won't go in all the way. A bit of filing fixes that. 

When you swapped the trays and held in the mode switch. Did you then hold in the interlock switch to get a motor count?

Did the C tray work in the D position?

c tray did work in d tray's original position.  held mode switch 5 sec, 

On 3/24/2017 at 11:49 PM, AngryChris said:

I could be wrong, but last I checked, they are not universal because the harnesses don't all match up since different machines may use different motor harnesses, display harnesses, etc...  I really doubt a VE UCB in a National 147 would work in a AP 7600 for example, but the UCB in a 7600 might work in a 4000.  I truly don't know 100% though.

You take the small board off the large board and swap. They are Universal. 

Archived