best pull ever

creativecandy

I use a standard 8 week cycle for all locations, sometimes for slower spots i will let them go 12, and in the holiday season I may let them go 9 or 10 if weather/holiday timing become an issue.  I hate to go into locations and bug them during their busiest time of the year, and sales are usually off in the winter time here so I don't sweat it too much.  I do not vend much candy so spoilage is less of an issue.  I do make exceptions where I upgrade a spot or other special cases, other than that I always do 8 weeks.

Joe,

This is my plan, an 8-10 week cycle.  My question is this:  is candy spoilage really that big of a deal?  I'm mean, if there's an ac unit no candy should go bad in only 2 or 3 months?  Shouldn't the candy last a long time?  How long would think candy would last before spoiling?

My main concern, I thought, would be jammed or broken machines...

Cheers,

Jesse

I will post a pic of my setup there, I just upgraded it Wednesday/Thursday night to two Beaver 5-ways and the 8x sticker that was already there.  Thank you Vendamania Fred for your help and ideas with this setup!

On the top rows I have two Northern 31" Heads on each rack.  They are excellent vendors for 2" products, and they look great with a little Brasso and elbow grease.  Currently I am trying three new 2" products to see how they sell, I previously just had Dentures and a 2" mix there.

On the bottom I have Ford Assorted Gum, Assorted Toys, Assorted Superballs, Oak Leaf Watermelon, Sticky Mix, and Skittles.  I know I usually don't do candy but I was out of ideas and other products and thought I would get rid of candy stock. 

I also have my #2 spot switched to a Beaver 5-way and will add a second hopefully with a 6x sticker on top and three more heads on the bottom with more gum and toys, I worry that the one rack will sell out of the bottom row in a month, keep in mind this spot was doing $250-300 just in 1" gum and toys!

I initially wanted to keep all my racks and setups as Eagle or a compatible vendor for uniformity.  I have now changed that to include nicer setups such as Beaver racks for premium spots and I can also get custom tubular locks coded for me for added security.

• 4 years later...

hi guys, what are you averaging a month for triples, doubles and singles? What are you selling and who located for you? just bought my first 1800 machine triplehead and waiting on locators r us to find a location. Would love to see how everyones doing

WOW, you sure are doing your research reading the old threads...... this one is from 2009 and many of those that posted on this thread are no longer active. It sure brought back some memories seeing some of those names.

Congrats on your purchase and good luck with your first location, please keep us posted.

• Like 1

Best Pull

Bought a location sight unseen for $100, (was a through in of a route I bought)

Went to service it for the first time and pull $108 payed for the location and gas!

Very Happy!

Now the other locations need to pull the weight....

• Like 1

Wow, heres hoping. My 1st location is a cuban restaurant, ill be placing my 1800 machine triple head there with maybe peanut mms, some type of mint and maybe skittles..not sure yet. 

The location sat for 4-6 months I think neglected route it has PM&M, RP, M&I and Soure Balls.

Everything was empty except the SB, I replaced them with gourmet jelly beans.

• Like 1

JB's are on the high side. I would only use them if I had too.

I'm testing out jelly bellies right now at 3 locations.  Their cost per vend is by far the highest...40%.  But I personally love them compared to the other items.  I'll see if it works out or not.  I of course am only putting them in locations I don't pay a commission.  40% cost + commission = no thank you.

• 5 months later...

I have had a couple 0.00 for a month and several less than $2 months running triples, needless to say pulled rather quickly, I have a triple that sells out Mike and Ikes and PMM every two weeks (and almost out of HT's) averages 75-100 per month. They are letting me put in a rack but the caveat is it can only be candy. I will double up the PMM, add skittles and Reece's and stretch out my service cycle to 30 days.

The best charity stop I ever had was a Coal Mine, had machines in the break rooms, no stands they all were just on the picnic tables the guys used. Salted nuts and gum, hot heavy work and no smoking anywhere. The best loaction and best people ever.

Naw, all gone. Most mines here were strip mines, They were at #6 ( vein) at 120 feet and didnt think #7 was worth going after, too deep. They bought a bunch more land but the Farmers packed the county board and the mine couldn't get a permit. Hated to see it go, lots of high paying jobs. But strip mines basically turn the earth upside down and ruin the water table, lakes and streams. So its a double edged sword. A lot of local towns sure felt the closings too.