List of your best selling items

ARTON VENDING

I'm seeing gumballs surprisingly high, or at least to me it is surprising. What works for selling gumballs? I don't seem to have the right gumball locations, or gumball machines. I'm trying to sell them on my double heads and it doesn't seem to be so hot ATM. However neither of my places have a high number of children coming through. What is recommended for locations to sell gumballs?

I'm seeing gumballs surprisingly high, or at least to me it is surprising. What works for selling gumballs? I don't seem to have the right gumball locations, or gumball machines. I'm trying to sell them on my double heads and it doesn't seem to be so hot ATM. However neither of my places have a high number of children coming through. What is recommended for locations to sell gumballs?

I do notice that my gumballs don't sell as well as any other products when I have doubles.  I do have some single gumball locations that do crappy like under $5.  I just relocate them when they get that bad. In some cases I can upgrade to a double, but in others there are already candy venders in there and I wouldn't want to compete with them.  So I either pull it like I said, or I add 2for1 gumball wheels.  In some cases I even have dime vending machines.  One of those gave me a drastic increase in sales, but the other one does crappy still.

1 - Bubble King 850ct golpher

2 - 1" Toy Mystery Mix

3 - 2" Dentures by Dwayne

4 - 1" Superball Mix

Nice list Joe!

No Candy, No Candy, No Candy and No Candy? :?

Gum and Toys, Gum and Toys, Gum and Toys AND Gum and Toys! :D

I am starting to get the picture here! ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Jax

Here's my top sellers in order:

1) Gumballs, asst.

2) MM Peanuts

3) Reeses

4) Mike and Ikes

5) Green Apple Gumball / Chicklets tied

6) Runts

7) Reeses/MM Plain mix

B) Skittles, Hot Tamales, MM Plain all tied for last

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My list isnt based on hard numbers, just how I know my routes are setup.

Heheh, well I *do* have hard numbers. 

I have only just started adding additional product to my routes, but I'm starting to see some returns on them.  Gumballs are the overall winners because I have so many locations that have them compared to the rest of the items.  The Reeses is the real winner here tho as I had it in only one location and only had it in that location for 10 days before it sold out.

Products

From 01/01/2009 to 03/13/2009

Product                   Vends  Cases

Asst. Ford 1080c           5566  5.15 case(s) 100%

Runts                       172  1.65 case(s)   3%

Skittles                    169  1.62 case(s)   3%

Reess Pieces                110  1.25 case(s)   2%

NFL Team Stickers (1")       83  0.33 case(s)   1%

Dry Roasted Peanuts          44  0.42 case(s)   1%

Sticky Mix (1")              41  0.16 case(s)   1%

Glow Cross Necklaces (2")    20  0.08 case(s)   0%

Monkey'n Around figures (1") 11  0.04 case(s)   0%

For those posting their candy rankings, it would also be helpful to show the quantity (number of pieces) vended since that can also have an impact on your rankings.

I have this goofball competitor that has all of his slots wide open and vends 15 MMP and 25 Skittles per quarter. Obviously he "wins" in that location.

Jax

Wow Darryl, those are about as hard of numbers as you can get!  How did you develop the system to do all of that?

I had to learn som MySQL and PHP scripting.  It's a web based app that links to a mysql database.  I custom designed the whole thing.  I plug in how much each product made at a location, and it can tell how many vends were made per product.  Then it can compare to the whole income by date range.  It's alot like Vend-Trak, but since I rolled my own, I can have much more control over the reports.

Tom,

they are 50 cent vends, I have them in my best spot, the only head with them in, but they got discontinued and only have 400 more left to sell... then I have to switch to Robot Warriors... :(  Man those Family Guys were great, I went through almost 300 in 5 weeks!  I guess they will last me another 6 or so before I switch over...

Word on the street (from my 10yo daughter) that the squishy animal pencil toppers are all the rage.  Anybody having any luck with them?  I'm concidering buying some, along with some yo-yo water balls from TNT.

Darryl,

We cannot keep them on the shelves here. We had parents calling to buy them for Christmas gifts and Valentines and we had to tell them sorry, everything is backordered for months. The kids are really into them.  We are expecting more in towards the end of this month.

What some of our customers have started doing is selling the Mini Malz, they are pencil toppers as well and are kind of a more colorful animal. They are also trying the new Urbaneez.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to learn som MySQL and PHP scripting.  It's a web based app that links to a mysql database.  I custom designed the whole thing.  I plug in how much each product made at a location, and it can tell how many vends were made per product.  Then it can compare to the whole income by date range.  It's alot like Vend-Trak, but since I rolled my own, I can have much more control over the reports.

Hi Darryl,

I tinker with PHP and MySQL myself and was thinking of attempting something similar but I'm absolutely stuck in the design phase. I was thinking of having one page for a general overview then each account having their own page (which could be just one page with a dropdown select,) but can't for the life of me figure out how many tables I'm going to need (I usually have less than an hour on any given night to give it any thought.)

Could you possibly give any suggestions to point me in the right direction? (I don't mind spending many hours/days/weeks working on something I want. But, I hate it when I have to scrap everything and start anew because I missed something at the very beginning.)

Scott