MDB Conversion Kits

I have a new location that wants fresh foods with a debit/credit card reader.  I was able to get a very nice National 430 from ebay and have converted it to MDB using a kit from Greenwich Industries.  Installed a USA Technologies G6 unit but have ran into a little issue and was hoping that others may have seen this as well.

When I swipe my creditcard, the National registers the credit on the machine and will allow me to open the door for the product.  About 90% of the time, it then will say that no sale has been done with $0.00 transaction.  I verify with USA Tech and they show no sale as well.

Cash (coins or Bills) work without issues and sometimes credit will as well.

I have verified cash, no problem

I have opened the door and held it for a few seconds, no change

I have waited for a few seconds and then open the product door, no change

I have done it quickly, no change

I have tried multiple creditcards, no change

Any other suggestions?  I obviously can't put this machine on location with the debit/credit card enabled.

Thanks

Hi sorry for the late response.  I haven't caught onto the system yet.  I don't know when people ask a question but I am starting to learn.  (hit the notify button at the bottom)...here is a link to a pretty good manual that might help you out.  It has lots of stuff in it which should get you up and running.

http://www.usatech.com/manuals/ePort_G6_install_instructionsVIVOTECHscreen.pdf

Good Luck.  I think you are on target learning the credit card readers.  That will be the new thing to win new accounts...in my humble opinion.

Blue Moose

ahhh.....RSSI test.  Now I understand.  The G6 and G7 units are pretty close to the same except I believe the G6 is cellular and the G7 is Ethernet.  However they both come in the same G6 box....so I misled you somewhat.  I have the ethernet version of this unit.  They are communicating with the service so connectivity is not the issue.

I have done some tweeking on the MDB conversion kit based upon the manufacturer recommendation and I have eliminated the original issue, but have ran into new ones and I think I'm in a hard spot.

first:  If you set the unit to force vend, that is once money/credit is established, then you must purchase (prevents your machine from becoming a change machine), if you swipe the card and establish credit, but not purchase anything before the creditcard times out, the sale is terminated, but the machine holds onto the credit as it will force you to purchase something....however it won't be charged to the creditcard as that has already timed out.  So to fix, set to allow coin return

Second: Once you allow coin return to cancel sales (see first issue).  If you swipe card and hit coin return to cancel sale, it cancels the sale, but the creditcard is charged $2.25 :huh:?

Third:  If you swipe card and allow the sale to time out, there is a few second delay on the card sale authorization going away and the credit actually being removed from the machine.  During this few seconds, you can open the vend door and get free product.....

You know as well as I do, once someone figures out how to do a free vend, we would be wiped out within a day.

I am about to give up on using a creditcard on this machine....but I have a few more tricks to try yet.

Thanks for the suggestion though.