Vendstar .50 cent???

davidsurvz

Just like space aliens, loch ness monster and ghosts, nobody can produce any solid evidence that there are 50c vendstar mechs.

Now wait just a min....Wasn't there a blurry video on youtube where some one caught one on tape?

• 4 years later...

I have developed a .50 coin mechanism interchangeable with all Vendstars. Manufacturing has begun and it will be available by summer 2014. Bulk pricing available. 

Please join my facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1381968738718950/ to stay updated with our progress and purchasing information. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Would anyone be interested in a .75 coin mech? What would you sell for .75?

• Like 1

I didn't say I had 1, yet  ^_^ ... 

I have the specs for producing 1. Trying out 3d printing them this month but if it doesn't come out perfectly I will have to have a mold made. 

What material are you making it from? Most of the 3D printers I've seen don't work with high strength plastics. There are some out there that do, but they're pretty expensive.

What material are you making it from? Most of the 3D printers I've seen don't work with high strength plastics. There are some out there that do, but they're pretty expensive.

I suspect the material may be Chutzpahzium. A common Element but not often seen in a refined state.

I have developed a .50 coin mechanism interchangeable with all Vendstars. Manufacturing has begun and it will be available by summer 2014. Bulk pricing available.

I didn't say I had 1, yet  ... 

I have the specs for producing 1. Trying out 3d printing them this month but if it doesn't come out perfectly I will have to have a mold made. 

So...what exactly did you mean by stating "manufacturing has begun"?

• 3 weeks later...

If you have one why don't you show a pic of it and allow people to join your facebook???

Check out the video on youtube (do a google search) It's not the final product but I did manage to produce a vid of Vendstar accepting 50¢

I apologize the fb group is now open! 

This 3D printer is used to make prosthetics so it can be done with very high quality plastic. It's only 1 small internal piece that's being printed.

we're producing a couple versions over the next month or 2 and I am testing a few different modifications that should improve the vending machine coin turn functionality overall. 

Personally I want to fill all my candy machines with 'healthy' nuts but the profit margin is non existent there for a quarter. 

Check out the video on youtube (do a google search) It's not the final product but I did manage to produce a vid of Vendstar accepting 50¢

I apologize the fb group is now open! 

Sales 101:  Don't make it so hard for customers to find you.

It may be better if you provide the link to your YouTube vid on this thread.

maybe this  

Bart

Thanks Bart. 

This video is of a tinkered vendstar coin slot. Not what final product will be. As you can see it does accept 50¢ and was pretty easy to configure, however, it is not perfect and wouldn't be easy to duplicate the exact requirements on so many coin slots. Instead I am having that particular part replicated with a couple adjustments so that it will turn more comfortably and protect the integrity of original coin op

Are these single quarter vending machines soon to be like the 5¢ and 10¢ machines of the past. I hope not. 

• 6 months later...

Please join my facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1381968738718950/ to stay updated with our progress and purchasing information. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Would anyone be interested in a .75 coin mech? What would you sell for .75?

So whatever happened to this vendstarphilly?

So whatever happened to this vendstarphilly?

No idea, but I think a better question is who "invests" so much time and money on a machine no longer manufactured and considered to be the $10 craigslist find?  I have plenty of them in subpar locations, but the thought of improving them would never cross my mind.

• Like 1