• Vending Essentials
    • Other Commercial Product
    • I made my own system
    • What is Tracking?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I am using myvendtrack, its $10 a month for unlimited machines and it does everything I need it to do. Good reports easy to use and the guy who maintainsit is really responsive to suggestions and making updates. I have sent him a few ideas and he generally responds to my emails within a few hours and implements the suggestions within a week or so.

http://www.myvendtrack.com/

I use excel but I am experimenting with google forms. My intitial thinking is to have a form for each location. You can submit the form after each location which automatically generates results in a spreadsheet. It is all saved on google drive and accesible from my iphone. I have created a simple test and so far it works. I still need to work on the form to streamline it so there is minimal maintenance. It will take some work on the spreadsheet side to get it the way I want it. My brother and I are partners in this venture so either one of us can be running routes and all data is updated and sync'd on each of our drives.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, haven't had much time to work on this. We just located quite a few machines so I hope to take a look at it again soon.

We are using google spreadsheets for tracking which makes things easy for both of us to update and view, but we haven't used google forms while servicing the route.

• 1 year later...

I am using myvendtrack, its $10 a month for unlimited machines and it does everything I need it to do. Good reports easy to use and the guy who maintainsit is really responsive to suggestions and making updates. I have sent him a few ideas and he generally responds to my emails within a few hours and implements the suggestions within a week or so.

http://www.myvendtrack.com/

10 a month? Since when? Maybe for under 20 machines, but you get over that and he want's 50!

I use excel but I am experimenting with google forms. My intitial thinking is to have a form for each location. You can submit the form after each location which automatically generates results in a spreadsheet. It is all saved on google drive and accesible from my iphone. I have created a simple test and so far it works. I still need to work on the form to streamline it so there is minimal maintenance. It will take some work on the spreadsheet side to get it the way I want it. My brother and I are partners in this venture so either one of us can be running routes and all data is updated and sync'd on each of our drives.

When you get it worked out, let me know!

If anyone has a google docs version they'd be willing to share id love it. I'm not to good on computers and making excel types sheets that add things together. I like google docs so that I can access and update via mobile on the go

10 a month? Since when? Maybe for under 20 machines, but you get over that and he want's 50!

When you get it worked out, let me know!

I pay 49.95 per year for unlimited machines (I am grand fathered in on the old price schedule) :)

I use Quickbooks so it makes life easier at tax time

I use quickbooks premire also - makes life so much simplier to track inventory and sales, expenses etc

I pay 49.95 per year for unlimited machines (I am grand fathered in on the old price schedule) :)

I use quickbooks premire also - makes life so much simplier to track inventory and sales, expenses etc

So you use both Quickbooks and Vendtrak?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm new to vending but I see there doesn't seem to be many good alternatives out there for vending machine tracking software that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :)

I'll have to create some software once I get a bit more familiar with what is required and contribute back to the community.

I have experience programming with php/MySQL. I notice one member already created software with php/MySQL as well.

What type of features are you looking for in tracking software?

I took a quick look at vend-track and route manager. I'm guessing that tracking software would need to have both tracking of each location, equipment installed, goods purchased for the location, cost of goods, monthly/yearly profit per location, maintenance schedule/todo list of things that need fixing at each location, contact list of owner/address of location, product usage at each location, custom product list for the business, commission rates/charity, comparing location earnings to average earnings.

Anything I missed? Lol

Hi all,

I'm new to vending but I see there doesn't seem to be many good alternatives out there for vending machine tracking software that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :)

I'll have to create some software once I get a bit more familiar with what is required and contribute back to the community.

I have experience programming with php/MySQL. I notice one member already created software with php/MySQL as well.

What type of features are you looking for in tracking software?

I took a quick look at vend-track and route manager. I'm guessing that tracking software would need to have both tracking of each location, equipment installed, goods purchased for the location, cost of goods, monthly/yearly profit per location, maintenance schedule/todo list of things that need fixing at each location, contact list of owner/address of location, product usage at each location, custom product list for the business, commission rates/charity, comparing location earnings to average earnings.

Anything I missed? Lol

Pleaseee do this and add me to the forever grateful list of people who would use this lol

Finally gave in and purchased vendtrak for the time being. It seems decent and better than writing every last thing down in a notepad. But how do I add that I collected certain amounts from certain heads? And the unit pricing is confusing me too. Any help from anybody would be appreciated

Hi I'll start working on something when I get some time and maybe post it here and work with everyone to perfect it. I hate having to pay for commercial software! Probably take me several months to get something usable together though.

Hi I'll start working on something when I get some time and maybe post it here and work with everyone to perfect it. I hate having to pay for commercial software! Probably take me several months to get something usable together though.

That would be great! Please keep us all posted on your progress. Many members have said they were working on something but to date, no one has come through.

Finally gave in and purchased vendtrak for the time being. It seems decent and better than writing every last thing down in a notepad. But how do I add that I collected certain amounts from certain heads? And the unit pricing is confusing me too. Any help from anybody would be appreciated

Maybe you mind to have the individual heads listed as machines in the location? I haven't signed up yet.

Archived