Toy and Joy

dpvnc

Then you didn't get them for only 41 each you or them for 80 something a piece

You don't buy stuff retail you get it wholesale it is only worth wholesale to you no matter what the xxx dollars worth of product on the sales literature may say

• Like 1

What decent location would ever want those ugly outdated machines? If you ever placed them and the spot was decent, anybody could just replace you by offering a machine newer than 30 years old and not made of particle board. Your math sucks too. Your really off to a bad start too. A newbie with the screen name "mr. Vend? Really? You should change your name to mr. Gotta sell my crappy machines on CL due to "lack of time"

Edited by Toad

I'm not a fan of them, like most have said already. I think they are a waist of time, but I also started out with Uturn's.

Anyway, I know a guy here local to me and he loves those set ups! He's a pretty large operator as well. I think it matters on what you do with them that counts. Long term? No, but if they make you a return on your investment in 6 months or less and make enough money for you to invest into better equipment, then it's worth the purchase.

What all of us I think tend to over look or forget is how much a person can learn by going through the first few refurb's to take junk and make money with it. Those that have gotten to be bigger more experienced operators didn't get there by starting out where they are.

On the other hand, it is better to accept counsel from the wise and follow their words. For me personally, it's taken 45 years to learn to head advice and figure out who actually to listen to and what to actually test for myself to find out why. Even now I will buy some equipment that people say aren't good and why, BUT, I will trade for it, buy for dirt cheap and sacrifice coffee or something for a few days to cover the cost of it. Not because it's expensive, but because if I'm going to spend it on something I've already been told is no good, then I'm basically throwing money away so I can see for myself.

I don't think being "harsh" on a new person is appropriate either. I know I made poor decisions for years because I didn't know any better.

• Like 1

What decent location would ever want those ugly outdated machines? If you ever placed them and the spot was decent, anybody could just replace you by offering a machine newer than 30 years old and not made of particle board. Your math sucks too. Your really off to a bad start too. A newbie with the screen name "mr. Vend? Really? You should change your name to mr. Gotta sell my crappy machines on CL due to "lack of time"

I know of many "blue collar" locations where these machines would fly. No reason to insult people on their decisons for equipment or screen names.

• Like 1

toad

im not on here to be harsh to anyone and really did not expect that much insult this site to me is to encourage all vendors no matter what their short comings are. i would never create a post like that to a new person we all learn and i will make my money back in the investment come hell or high water im not a person to just give up and throw in the towel and maybe thats what TOAD is aiming for to discourage anyone, however all that said toad i hope you are successful in your vending business and god bless u and ur family, AND i will just keep on keeping on and one day i will be where you all are at. thanks to all for the information in this site it is just awesome

Then you didn't get them for only 41 each you or them for 80 something a piece

You don't buy stuff retail you get it wholesale it is only worth wholesale to you no matter what the xxx dollars worth of product on the sales literature may say

Your'e crazy. If he has no cost of goods then it will all be profit when he sells it. Which then can be subtracted from the amount paid for the machines. 

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being blunt and brutally honest. One thing is for sure...... everyone has differing opinions on equipment and that point is proven on here every day. Kinda like "another man's junk is another man's treasure",  I know plenty of people who have made money with equipment that is widely considered lower quality. As far as Toad's comments go i don't see anything productive or helpful by criticizing someone's screen name or telling them that their math sucks. I say be brutally honest but do it with some tact and empathy.

• Like 1

Toad may be harsh but he is being honest. The stuff is junk. If these toy and joy machines were the way to go toy and joy would still be in business.

Going into the vending business with these machines is like opening s laundry mat with ringer washers or moving company using covered wagons. Ultimately who is more unkind, a brutally unpolitically correct observer or someone pandering to a mistaken belief.

If Toad guy really wanted to hurt people he would tell you to buy all the toy and joys you can find, buy only 8 select uturns for charity, replace your northwesterns with Chinese knock offs, and but all your supplies from an online reseller.

"If Toad guy really wanted to hurt people he would tell you to buy all the toy and joys you can find, buy only 8 select uturns for charity, replace your northwesterns with Chinese knock offs, and but all your supplies from an online reseller."

Im doing all of the above.. are you sayig IM doing it all wrong? Bouncyballs taught me LOL

• Like 1

"If Toad guy really wanted to hurt people he would tell you to buy all the toy and joys you can find, buy only 8 select uturns for charity, replace your northwesterns with Chinese knock offs, and but all your supplies from an online reseller."

Im doing all of the above.. are you sayig IM doing http://www.coastentertainment.comit all wrong? Bouncyballs taught me LOL

That would be the first time your hard headed golpher ever listened to anyone!!!!

• 3 years later...