Vista .50 Mech vs Big Oak .50 Mech

Hillbilly

From reading the posts on here, I know the Big Oak does not have a step for the flapper door to work on the Vista machines. And that shimming it a little will make it work. Can it be modified without shims?

Can somebody elaborate on this issue or possibly take a picture of the back of a  Big Oak mech and post it?

I need to get some for the Vista machines and don't want to get the wrong ones.  Or should I bite the bullet and just get from Oak?  Or just buy the A&A version and modify my bases?

Thanks

The  opening that the  vista mech set in is kind of v shaped. The big oak opening is square although the mech has a simular shape.  I tried the mech from the big oak it has a  tab that hits the chute as well as noy catching the sides to be held in place

Maybe you could just order the coin wheels.  If they worked  it would be like the only Rhino mechs I found  ( Coin in  twist Coin in. twist Vend)  I have a big oak that is set up like that.  The 25 cent label I put on it by mistake really messed with customers

Hill billy:

Please consider my second post an error or  an idiot rambling.  I went down and took a better look  The Vista mech only catches the bottom part of the V opening.  The big oak  seems to be a  little shorter in the area that engages the vista housing.  I installed the  big oak mech in the vista. The tab on the bottom clears the chute but it is really close. Installed the hopper and added quarters seems to work ok. I took a photo but cannot  add it to post. The mech will wiggle a bit I would make a bracket so it is more secure

My coin twist coin mech upon further inspection is made in Tiawan and does not have the MFG name on it

• 5 years later...