LYPC Review

West Coast Vend LLC

This is a positive review about LYPC vending machines and its supplier, Gumballmachinefactory.com

I recently spent about $3,100 on equipment from Gumballmachinefactory.com  I shopped around for a few days before I came up with the best prices I could find on new equipment. New, because I needed all stores to have the same equipment with the same exact look.

They sell a brand called LYPC. I am sure it is built in China but it looked good on their website. I decided to call in an order instead of order on-line via their web site. I was very happy that a real person answered the phone after just a few rings. I asked for a salesperson and I was placing my order in minutes, after I asked a few questions, and they where answered quickly. Larry & Terry, the owners where great to work with. The order went out the same day and I received it via UPS on the day promised.

Now for the review of the equipment. I ordered the BIG 5 Bulk rack setup with a 25" tall  2" capsule machine on one side and a 2 column sticker machine on the other. On the bottom step there are 3 single candy vending machines.

The Big 25" capsule unit & the 2 column sticker machines look just like the Northwestern or Beaver machines that are out there. I have repaired Beaver machines before and it is the same machine. The single vending units look great. They have the same mech. as a 1800 vend machine. The canisters are very clear and the product looks really great in them. Adjusting the candy wheels are very easy. Just remove a couple of screws and it's done. The body is made of plastic the top of metal and it has a coin tray which makes collecting easy. I think they will hold up as well as anything else out there.

I would buy from Gumballmachinefactory.com & LYPC products again. There service was great! They where always there to answer questions. Their shipping promises where right on the money. They back their product with a 30 day money back guarantee. They even have a price match guarantee. They have some great prices. Check them out. They have most of their product in-stock and ready for delivery.

http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com

Gary

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Gary!  That's funny that you just reviewed them.  I was actually looking at their machines online just the other day.

I am seriously considering trying their tough pro machine.  The double head with chrome stand.  I LOVE that separate coin tray that opens up with a key.  I like that I do not have to fool with the head of the machine at all to get my money out!!  I am just questioning the quality of the coin mech etc.  Anyone have experience with a LYPC machine?  I know I am deviating out of the " A&A - Oak - NWest " quality machine category.  I would appreciate any feed back.

Johnny,

I have several of the LYPC's that Gary is using on the bottom of his racks. They were purchased used off of eBay so I don't know how old they are but they have been out on my route for almost 2 years with no problems. 

Steve

Thanks Steve!  I am going to try them.  Its the Tough pro model with the coin tray that slides out of the bottom w/ a separate lock without messing with the head of the machine at all!!  I LOVE that feature.  I hate standing there and turning the lock on top of the head on my A&A or NWest ( to a lesser extent ) over and over until it unlocks.

Good luck to you Gary!!  I am actually excited about receiving the 7 Tough Pros that I ordered. ( Doubles )  Terry gave me a great deal on them.  And incredibly, they are already shipped and on their way to me!  I just  ordered them yesterday at noon.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-16802311020828_1985_17452855

I ordered 6 bulk (5 machine) setups with a step stand and the shipping was around $400. That's from IL to CA. (The closer you are to IL the less it will cost) I ordered them on a Thursday and received them the following Thursday, so in 5 working days I had them. Like I said in my review, they told me the cost of the equipment, cost of shipping and the day I was getting it. Everything was just as they said. That's the way to do business!

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

Gary,

Can we get a followup on these rack set-ups? How are they working for you now that you've had them for a month? I'm looking for a supplier for some set-ups and am considering these.

Steve

Steve & Forum Members,These machines have held up just fine. I have had a one issue with a sticker card getting stuck and today I had a small capsule machine not dispensing. These are normal issues that all machines have at one time or another.
  • The BIG 2" capsule machines are working great.
  • The Pro-Vend machines are great in high volume accounts because they hold 14 lbs. of candy or a full bag of 250 1" capsules.
  • All machines have good locking systems.
  • All machines have coin trays for easy coin removal.
  • The Pro-Vend machines show the product very well from all angles.
  • The base stands are solid steel and go together very easily.
  • I will buy again as needed.
  • I would recommend them to anyone.
Gary

• 3 weeks later...

I serviced my first pair of  LYPC Tough Pros today.  ( double head )  Over $30 in quarters at the location and the ease of simply a 1/4 turn of the lock and sliding out the coin tray is great!  Can't get any easier. I am glad the location is busy so I can make sure this machine holds up well or not.

Benjie.......its not a quarter turn lock on top.  Its a separate coin drawer on the bottom of the machine that unlocks with a quarter of a turn. You leave the head and lock on top alone.  Thats what makes it SO easy to service. You see it ? Right under the chute door.

1800 Vending Machines/Step Rack Solution

Attention: 1800 Vending machine owners.

"Have you every wished you could add a second machine to an account without taking up more floor space?"

I have come up with a solution, using LYPC's 4 unit step rack.  This steel unit holds two 1800 Vending machines. Holes line up with 2 front self threading bolt locatons on the 1800 machines base plate for easy installation.

• 1800 Vending stand round base uses 16"  of floor space.
  • LYPC step stand unit uses 18" of floor space.
  • LYPC step stand cost: $49
Here are a couple of pictures I took today in two accounts that I have doubled my space.

http://talkvend.com/albums/userpics/10001/wcvHPIM1228.JPG
http://talkvend.com/albums/userpics/10001/wcvHPIM1223.JPG

If you have any questions please not hasitate to ask.

Gary

I serviced another pair of Tough Pros in a Gap Store Break Room this evening.  It had over $30.00 in it for 31 days.  I was happy.  I was even happier that it was a LYPC machine.  I went in, spritzed the chrome and made it shine and turned the money drawer lock 1/4 way, pulled it out and dumped it in my bag and put the drawer back.  I was in and out of the spot within a few minutes. 

Archived