Genesis (Combo) GO 127 - 137?

I am looking into buying my first machines and looked into a few of these today.

Genesis GO 127-137

13 total snack

6 chips or danishes (10 Back)

7 Candy bars (14 Back)

6 total beverages

3 cans

3 bottles

They were asking $2000 for the machine (4-6mths old)

They offered a bundle package of $2500.

Package includes

location $350 (30 employees or more / i must accept location) located within 3-5weeks

Delivery $150

with a location that has 30 employees or more is it reasonable to expect $200/mth Net.?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

GV

I am looking into buying my first machines and looked into a few of these today.

Genesis GO 127-137

13 total snack

6 chips or danishes (10 Back)

7 Candy bars (14 Back)

6 total beverages

3 cans

3 bottles

They were asking $2000 for the machine (4-6mths old)

They offered a bundle package of $2500.

Package includes

location $350 (30 employees or more / i must accept location) located within 3-5weeks

Delivery $150

with a location that has 30 employees or more is it reasonable to expect $200/mth Net.?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

GV

To repeat the words of RJT

"Run Forrest Run"

Genisis combo machines are not well regarded in the vending industry. Shop on CL long enough and you can get this machine for 300-400 bucks.

I agree. Do not buy Genesis machines. Buy well known branded machines made by US companies who have proven track records of performance and reliability. Automatic Products, National, GPL, USI are all great companies. Genesis machines are unreliable, poorly designed, and hard to service, (in the case of malfunction.) STAY AWAY FROM GENESIS!

I agree. Do not buy Genesis machines. Buy well known branded machines made by US companies who have proven track records of performance and reliability. Automatic Products, National, GPL, USI are all great companies. Genesis machines are unreliable, poorly designed, and hard to service, (in the case of malfunction.) STAY AWAY FROM GENESIS!

You can add Dixie Narco, Royal, Vendo and AMS to the list of good solid companies that make very good equipment

"Run Forrest Run"

Genisis combo machines are not well regarded in the vending industry. Shop on CL long enough and you can get this machine for 300-400 bucks.

We agree again.... ;D

i agree to agree with those that agree......i love it when Genesis owners want to resell their equip. TOP dollar....(Hello) there is a reason for that, these machiones are ok if you have a decent route to fit them into, otherwise get away from these CAR payments....sorry, was that 2 cents worth

• 1 year later...

It seems as if everyone missed the point here. It's obvious that you are interested in investing some money and new to vending. I've been at this for about 15 years and I can tell you that a return of $200 a month on a good location that has 30 employees is very reasonable. If you can get a good location like that for $350 you will be in good shape. Delivery for $150 is also very reasonable considering most new machines will run you $400 delivered from the manufacture. If you are not a fan of the Genisis line ask the company you are dealing with if they can offer a different machine, AMS and the American brands are indeed much better but no where near the $2,000 price point. You usually get what you pay for! As far as finding one on CL for $400 good luck, completely NOT reasonable, the compressor alone can run you $700. I check out CL on a daily basis and the cheapest I've ever seen one was about $1200, and when I went to see it, it was in horrible condition. You should check the condition of the machine before you buy it. Ask if it comes with a warranty?

My advise to you is use a reputable company thats been around a while. This biz is all about location, location location. The 2 best locators I've used in the country that stand behind what they promise are Advance Placement and Shermco Vending, the rest have proven to be liars and crooks that don't produce or even call you back.

Good luck to you..

VM

I would grab it at $700 but I'm in MD The shipping costs and not being able to see it would kill it for me. But a big thanks for looking out for me, and if anyone comes across any good deals in MD, VA or DC please drop me a line. I try to buy 3-4 machines a month.

Thanks

VM

"Run Forrest Run"

Yep, and I also say move along little doggie. Junk with a capital J. ;D

EDIT: (Just now noticed)How did this thread get dug up from the 2011 graveyard? :wacko:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/bfs/3482400972.html

heres the one i was talking about, its like a 4hr drive from me, what about this machine sucks? besides the low variety? do they jam alot or hard to service?i would think in some locations it could be good, like i have a pediatrics place who wants a snacl/coke machine in the waiting room, my tripple with candy makes $60-$80 a month every month, so im sure this would do great, where a huge coke and snack machine wouldnt fit?

can someone just say why it sucks someone who has used it

Ok I will put my hip boots on and take a stroll into this pond.

I bought one of the machines there discussing here for a $100 dollars, because I was new to vending and still new, but learning very fast!

The bottom cooling section was not cooling and never did try to fix it, the top section works, but it is very cheaply made, the metal shelves will bend for any reason, motors will not take much abuse, as in not very much torque, will jam! The bill acceptor is not a stacker type, money falls in a small drawer, does not hold very much paper money, coins will jam if not level. Big bags of chips will not fall like they should, not enough space between spirals and door.

I can go on with a list of things, but you get the idea.

mike

ps

will never waste money on this type of junk again.

To TKK,

The big difference between the Go's and some of the other American machines are the coin mech is big and clunky, not as reliable as the newer machines with the coin pro's and the MDB coin mech's. As far as the bill validator not holding a lot of money there is a real easy fix for that....You can make an incision to the back side of the white box and pull the back down flat so that when bills pile up they fall into the back of the machine and don't get caught up. If you put the right size product in (half oz to 1 & a half oz chips--3 12oz cans 1 16.9oz water or 8.6 oz Red Bull and 2 16.9 or 20 oz drinks) and use the metal shims correctly, you should not have any jamming problems. A perfect example is the guy above does not pull the bottom left hand corners of the chip bags through the ring in front, not doing so will cause them to jam and not fall correctly. So knowing how to load can avoid 99% of the problems people complains about in this machine. I have not had a single jam in one of my GO127's that has been in the field for over a year and pulled in $6,000.

Don't get me wrong, there are far better machines out there BUT, I use them in the exact way you are describing. I use them in locations where nothing else will work because of their great dimensions. I'm a believer that a ton of money is better than no money at all!

You are right Vend Master, money can be made with these machines, as mine done made back it $100 I paid for it and more. I keep it close to home, 1/2 mile away from house, for a good reason and when it does break or give me more trouble than I can stand, it is going to scrap yard for the $3.00 I will get for it.

As for the other 10 AP machines I own I will fix them, gladly.

Genesis combos are the worst equipment out there. Don't buy any of there equipment. You'll be thankful you asked first. Stick to U.S. Made.

I'm using the 3 I have till they break. I wouldn't sell them to my worst enemy.

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel. chaplin.gif

• 1 year later...

The selection pad on the unit I have is not working to well, mainly the 3 and 0 keys. Does anyone know how to fix these two buttons as they are both worn heavily on the outside or whether the pad needs to be replaced?

Archived