Sticker recommendations

lurtsman

I will have 2 columns I need to fill. Please recommend three stickers or tattoos from the same supplier that have worked well for you. If it is something you know is in stock that is preferable. Seasonal products are okay. Cost per vend should be low, but doesn't HAVE to be clearance priced.

Also if you have suggestions on how to make shipping cheaper on stickers/tattoos please let me know. I wish I had bought more of the animal ones from brand so I'd have another display of it, then I wouldn't need as many columns.

Thank you :) (These are going into that 4 way machine that hav and sherlock helped me open last night.)

PS. The current tattoo is a patriotic tattoo aimed at being insanely cheap per vend prices :) (Thanks Jax) So far they sell almost as well as my other tattoos and the profit margin is awesome. None my current tattoos do very well.

Also I need advice on two inch--but not the products. If you were placing a rack out this week and currently had 50 cent mechs (thus needing upgrade kits) would you get kits to upgrade to 75 cents, or 1$? I'm used to doing 75, but the profit margin on 75 cent one inch is significantly weaker than on 50 cent one inch, it requires larger more expensive machines, and the product is more of a hassle to work with. As a result I'm considering if I should just upgrade to 1 dollar mechs and call it good. If it causes some kids to purchase two 50 cent items instead that won't hurt my bottom line at all.

Last Q. I have a place that I pay 50% gross on spirals, I agreed to do it as a favor for the guy, and in return he let me put in toy triples at a much lower rate. Now I'm upgrading from toy triples to large rack stands. He entrusted me to decide what would be a reasonable commission on the rack. What would you pay? I expect one rack location to mediocre, and one to be very strong.

According to the website his shipping is insanely cheap (in theory subsidized by other prices) and offset by volume. I left him a voice mail and haven't heard back today. I guess if he is in Cali it's only 2:30. Go figure, he used to call me all the time and now I'm trying to buy several boxes and can't reach him.

Grabbed some boxes from winbigvending. The prices were too good to resist. I thought the listed prices on their website were subsidized shipping costs but they are the old price per box for the supplies. 10 boxes runs about 60$ shipping on top of the 145 for the tattoos. I got some extra displays since he has them on hand and will just load these into every sticker machine I get. The prizes have all been pre-paid so if someone wins they can still claim the prize.

When he runs out I'll probably move to VSI. I don't believe we've had any luck yet getting them to post some semblance of prices online.

• 3 weeks later...

Grabbed some boxes from winbigvending. The prices were too good to resist. I thought the listed prices on their website were subsidized shipping costs but they are the old price per box for the supplies. 10 boxes runs about 60$ shipping on top of the 145 for the tattoos. I got some extra displays since he has them on hand and will just load these into every sticker machine I get. The prizes have all been pre-paid so if someone wins they can still claim the prize.

When he runs out I'll probably move to VSI. I don't believe we've had any luck yet getting them to post some semblance of prices online.

I'm working on it :) Prices will be up on our website soon and as soon as I get a sec to get our new items on a price list I will upload them on Vendiscuss. So glad I found this website, I just started with VSi and have so much to learn about the industry. Reading all of this feedback on products, pricing and the other challenges you guys are facing out there is priceless. thx!

Melissa,

I have a great deal of respect for you as a vendor to come online and interact with us, it would be nice if other vendors did the same. It's a two way street and everyone will be a winner if this trend continues.

Once again way to go Melissa!

Melissa,

I have a great deal of respect for you as a vendor to come online and interact with us, it would be nice if other vendors did the same. It's a two way street and everyone will be a winner if this trend continues.

Once again way to go Melissa!

Wow...thanks :) VSi just hired me about three weeks ago and my biggest challenge right now is just getting a feel for the industry in general. I really do appreciate any input, good & bad. Hopefully I will get the chance to meet some of you in Vegas this March :)

Wow...thanks :) VSi just hired me about three weeks ago and my biggest challenge right now is just getting a feel for the industry in general. I really do appreciate any input, good & bad. Hopefully I will get the chance to meet some of you in Vegas this March :)

I will see you there. I hope more people from here go but I can't seem to get them to go. It's a great way to meet all your suppliers

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I will have 2 columns I need to fill. Please recommend three stickers or tattoos from the same supplier that have worked well for you. If it is something you know is in stock that is preferable. Seasonal products are okay. Cost per vend should be low, but doesn't HAVE to be clearance priced.

Also if you have suggestions on how to make shipping cheaper on stickers/tattoos please let me know. I wish I had bought more of the animal ones from brand so I'd have another display of it, then I wouldn't need as many columns.

Thank you :) (These are going into that 4 way machine that hav and sherlock helped me open last night.)

I buy about 90% of my flat from Flatline. Some of their top sellers are Pet Shop 6,Giant Parody 2, Black Ink Tattoos, Sugar Tattoos & Ultra Ice Tattoos. I also have great success with Ultimate Parody & Ultimate Sayings from Win Big Vending. Like others have said the price is unbeatable since they are going out of business. I usually just e-mail Chris with an order & he gets it out. He also gives you 2 free displays per box! I also get NFL stickers from A&A. Other than that I buy exclusively from Flatline. They have a wide product line of great sellers in tattoos & stickers.

The two best companies to buy flatline products from are VSI and A&A Global, in that order. A&A has all the licensed stuff and VSI has licensed and all the fast movers.

One very important note: Be careful when buying large quantities of closeout products. Flatline is just like all vending products. " Variety is the spice of life", customers have to see new products every couple of months. Sales will decline each month that they are not changed. The prices on closeouts can be very tempting but if your machines are full, and no one is buying the products in them, you loss more than what you would have paid for top selling, fast moving products at full price.

1. Sugar Tattoos #1 product for years VSI. http://www.vendingsupply.com

2. NFL, NHL, MLB team stickers, great collectables! A&A http://www.aaglobalind.com

3. Marvel Heroes Both have them.

Prices per box of 300 are about the same and shipping is also about the same. A&A is in CA & MD and VSI is in AZ.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey West Coast, any idea what part of AZ? When I move to Colorado I might just need to visit them in person.

Glad to see a VSI rep on here. I hope you enjoy all the feedback, you'll get a chance to feel the real heart beat of the industry. :)

Melissa:

To quote a friend of mine "Flat is a Pain" But it does sell I cannot say I've mastered it. The hardest thing is having to take a guess and see what sells. I have sold auto parts for years via mail order. I have never sold someone what I knew would not work. If you were to help newer guys achieve good sales you will do great and have many friends

You are so right about 1/2 boxes. I recommended that to VSI at a trade show about 3 years ago. They thought it was a good idea but nothing ever came of it. Even if you had to buy 300 total of two different item, 150/150, it would really help the huge inventory problems plus it would help with variety and get you going back to buy more often.

Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is a little feedback Melissa.

The UTC13 is doing well for me. It’s a good middle-of-the-road tattoo for teens and adults and it is my standard tattoo offering. I like targeting older folks (non-kids) for flat vending since the kids have plenty of other choices on the rack. The UTC11 was a bit of a dud for me and I think the problem with that design was you made it a bit too much “cartoon-looking” compared to the other designs in that series. So please, no more cartoon-looking UTC! Also, you may want to consider adding a bit more black ink to the next UTC series (similar to Flatline), but don’t go over board and keep those bright colors too.

I love that your displays are free (1 free per box) and that additional displays are just 10 cents each. I also love that most of your tats are under $25 per box. I also love those free shipping deals. I will not pay $2 for a standard tattoo display or $30 for a non-licensed tattoo. Are you listening A&A, Flatline and SSM?

And please, please, please do not attempt to modify your sleeves with cheaper/thinner cardboard! A&A changed their cardboard sleeves to a thinner cardboard this year and it has caused a few problems in some of my machines. I am now forced to test every A&A flat product at each location so that I have no unpleasant surprises and phone calls to deal with.

Thanks for listening.

Archived