Lets go locating

havending

32 members have voted

1. 1. Was the post useful?

• yes
    • no

• 3 weeks later...

Craig or Frank I would like to be your first customer on a sizeable order if you can make these.:-*

I dropped this "not so subtle" hint thinking that one of them would rush to get these to market first. Now it seems we have another member working on them to share with the group.

Talk about lost opportunity Craig and Frank. :D

I dropped this "not so subtle" hint thinking that one of them would rush to get these to market first. Now it seems we have another member working on them to share with the group.

Talk about lost opportunity Craig and Frank. :D

Sorry about that. Haven't been on here for the past couple days.

According to that pic, the 75 cent mech for that machine has it depositing the 2 quarters on the right side.

My labels are for the left side: My Site

A&A Global also sells their labels on the left side: A&A Global

Maybe someone can tell me which side is correct, or maybe different machines have different styles in their mechs. If the later is correct, it would be hard to get the right picture for everyone.

Has anyone talked to a place about setting up a machine before they registered their business? I am about 3 monthes out, before I am going to register my business. I am waiting to pay off some bills first, and I figured I would just save some money and wait up until after new years to register my business. Would it be foolish for me to go out and talk to companies about starting a location their before starting my company?

You are correct sir. The NW's have the 2 quarters on the right. The A&A has the 2 quarters on the left. I have to be careful when swapping jammed .75 mechs . That is kind of odd, in that A&A seems to incorporate Northwesterns designs.

Thank you for that info, gumballprince. Guess I'll have to make two labels and offer and option. I'll post a rough draft in the labels and graphics section when I get it done. I don't want to highjack this thread from it's original topic.

i have a locating situation maybe u guys could give me some advice. ive been trying to put in some crane games. now i was just at a laundry this morning. they have a broken arcade game in there its been broken at least a month. i told them why not replace it with the crane at least you will make some money. she said her husband is gonna fix the game and they dont have any more room (its a small laundry).

what could i have done better to close the deal? anyone have suggestions? should i have offered to buy the broken game off them? I assume in bulk you hear "not enough floor space" a lot ...how do you overcome this objection. i told her "surely you have 4ft of space somewhere that isn't making you money " but she said no.

they have no bulk equipment either except a bouncy ball "sports game" that they own

thx fellas

i have a locating situation maybe u guys could give me some advice. ive been trying to put in some crane games. now i was just at a laundry this morning. they have a broken arcade game in there its been broken at least a month. i told them why not replace it with the crane at least you will make some money. she said her husband is gonna fix the game and they dont have any more room (its a small laundry).

what could i have done better to close the deal? anyone have suggestions? should i have offered to buy the broken game off them? I assume in bulk you hear "not enough floor space" a lot ...how do you overcome this objection. i told her "surely you have 4ft of space somewhere that isn't making you money " but she said no.

they have no bulk equipment either except a bouncy ball "sports game" that they own

thx fellas

Sounds to me like they are the kind of people that think you will be ripping them off. And quite possibly may have been in the past. They want to make all the money. Thereby owning their own machines. Move on, nothing you can do here. Even if you talked them into it they would want such a high commission it wouldnt be worth it. Just my .02.

Sounds to me like they are the kind of people that think you will be ripping them off. And quite possibly may have been in the past. They want to make all the money. Thereby owning their own machines. Move on, nothing you can do here. Even if you talked them into it they would want such a high commission it wouldnt be worth it. Just my .02.

thanks, i told them a 50/50 split ... u might be right but right now they are earning nothing with the broken game LOL

also my crane equipment is metered, but i didnt mention it...you might be right ill make sure to bring that up next time.

ask them to let you leave it for one month on a trial basis, after the month is up if they arent satisfied, pay them their commission and move on. usually this works

i said something like that...the thing is this. they DONT have room if you look around their mat. but what they have taking up the space is an old pac man, a broken street fighter,etc... i was trying to figure a way to convey that even 50% of crane game revenue is prob more than they are making from a beat up old pac man

thx for the advice guys

ok this is becoming the most common objection i have been hearing this week

"we have no room, we own the existing equipment" ... ive heard this from a few laundromats i pitched this week and a mexican restaurant i just pitched today ( i eat there almost every week).

now in that case they had a triple candy machine, a "rocket ship" gumball machine and a wowie-zowie gumball machine. I pitched them a 50/50 split on a crane or coin pusher. I asked how much is the equipment you have making you, you could make more from the commissions than you are making and he just kept repeating,we have no room for new machines.

surely i cant be the only one who keeps getting this objection do you guys just pass on these locations of have you ever successfully pushed out equipment the location owns?

This one is a dud. Keep looking for new locations.

That being said, I've repeatedly attempted to locate machines at some locations that I've targeted. Unless I get an absolute no, then I will try again every few months. Most objections are the typical that we've all heard...."The owner isn't here", "There's no room", etc. I'll keep trying, but once the decision-maker says no, I move on and don't think about it anymore.

The converse is also true; I've targeted a few locations, trying to get machines in there. It would take me months to be able to get to the decision-maker, then to get him to say yes. Then I'd put in my machines, and they location would do luke-warm at best.

This one is a dud. Keep looking for new locations.

That being said, I've repeatedly attempted to locate machines at some locations that I've targeted. Unless I get an absolute no, then I will try again every few months. Most objections are the typical that we've all heard...."The owner isn't here", "There's no room", etc. I'll keep trying, but once the decision-maker says no, I move on and don't think about it anymore.

The converse is also true; I've targeted a few locations, trying to get machines in there. It would take me months to be able to get to the decision-maker, then to get him to say yes. Then I'd put in my machines, and they location would do luke-warm at best.

yeah ive had good luck getting in touch with managers and owners and i have a few follow ups for ones that were out. it seems a lot more places own their own vending equipment than you would think.

the mexican place, it looks like the gumballs in both machines are a few years old

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I do all the time!  I guess I should qualify this by saying I offer upfront cash only if the location is waivering or leaning to not taking machines.

Same here.  I also give the biggest bills possible. 

• 2 years later...

I got a close up of one of the stickers. You can't see the url, but it says nen-inc.com.

I made a similar version of this for 25 cent machines. Feel free to use it as you'd like. If enough people want it I'll make a version for 50,  75 and $1 machines. 9tML2fA.jpg

Archived