Diagnosing Dixie Narco 501e: Sold Out

JFFTom

Is there a guru that can help?

I have a Dixie Narco 501e that's giving me fits. I had to replace a condenser fan and once I did, it started homing every single column, dumping cans and bottles 2 and 3 at a time. (There was also a power failure in the building...so power surge damage isn't out of the question. )The error message on startup is SOLD OUT, despite every column being above the sold out paddles. I figure that it's either the harness that has a bad wire or the board is bad. Is there any advice on how to check this? I've unplugged and replugged the harness from the logic board, I'd like to test the harness, but can't figure out what pin goes to what part of the switch, I can't see any visible damage or loose connections, but I didn't remove the whole thing, either.... or if there's a pin on the logic board that I can test for current on. All other functions of the logic board work, I can reset the board, set prices, etc. On opening the machine, though, the error messages are: JC-1, JC-2, JC-3 .... JC-9...all columns show jammed, even though they are not. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Welcome to the forum, JFFTom!   There is a wealth of information and help available here.

All of the problems you are having, dumping cans, sold out on startup, JC errors, etc., lead to a bad board that was probably caused by the power surge you say the building experienced.  You will need to replace the board to correct these problems.  Basically the board is scrambled and is toast. 

PM me for a board if you don't have a source locally.

When changing out the compressor you may have cut the common wire on the harness going to the motor switches. If that common is broken before going to any motors all motors will home and then say sold out. 

Visually check the wiring harness on the left side of stack through door and up to board. If no breaks try a new board if you have one. If you don't then you are going to have to use a multimeter and check the continuity. Find the common for the motor switches. (UNPLUG VENDOR) It should be on the door wiring diagram. D/N has been great about lettering their wires. You should have continuity from the board common to the number 9 motor switch common. 

If no broken wires no bad fuses then you need a new board. AZ can fix you up

• 2 months later...

It took me a while, but I checked all fuses and checked continuity through the wiring harness. I'll be ordering a logic board here shortly and hopefully that (and a power surge protector) will fix the problems. Thanks to everyone that commented!!!

Archived