Metro Vending

Shauna

Has anyone used Metro Vending for locating 3rd party operator soda accounts?

They offer 10 locations for $9,995. This includes contracting with the bottlers and setting up your account with them. They "guarantee" $100 to $150 per week per machine average.

While this sounds good (who wouldn't enjoy $1000 a week), it may sound too good to be true.

First of all, their website says:

An account is established for you with one or more of your local bottling companies. It is very difficult to establish this relationship and if not for our background in this field and currently having accounts with most bottlers it would be extremely difficult to arrange.

My experience is if you call them, you can set it up yourself. Not too difficult to establish.

They also guarantee their locations and will replace any underperforming location.

Any experience with this locator?

I have said this many times in previous post, Run as far as fast as you can from these people/company I am a previous customers and It is not worth it in any way shape or form.

They will not keep there word and I have documentation to prove all of what I have to say.

Has anyone used Metro Vending for locating 3rd party operator soda accounts?

They offer 10 locations for $9,995. This includes contracting with the bottlers and setting up your account with them. They "guarantee" $100 to $150 per week per machine average.

While this sounds good (who wouldn't enjoy $1000 a week), it may sound too good to be true.

First of all, their website says:

An account is established for you with one or more of your local bottling companies. It is very difficult to establish this relationship and if not for our background in this field and currently having accounts with most bottlers it would be extremely difficult to arrange.

My experience is if you call them, you can set it up yourself. Not too difficult to establish.

They also guarantee their locations and will replace any underperforming location.

Any experience with this locator?

I have said this many times in previous post, Run as far as fast as you can from these people/company I am a previous customers and It is not worth it in any way shape or form.

They will not keep there word and I have documentation to prove all of what I have to say.

Can you tell me about your experience with them? I did a search on this forum to see if they had been discussed before and I was unable to come up with anything.

I did a search on this forum to see if they had been discussed before and I was unable to come up with anything.

I'm not sure what search term you used but I put in "Metro Vending" and this thread popped up on the top of the list...

Wow. After reading link after link after link, I have decided that I'll take my chances locating 3PO machines on my own. If they "guarantee" an average of $100 per week, then tell the customer that $50/week is consideration for relocating, I think I can do that.

When we first started expansion, it looked like a good way to get locations, but after thinking about it for awhile, I came to realize that is a lot of money to pay out without any physical appliance to show for it. Since all the machines are 3PO machines, I'll just continue down my route with Coke and Pepsi personally.

Thanks for the help with the search.

Wow. After reading link after link after link, I have decided that I'll take my chances locating 3PO machines on my own. If they "guarantee" an average of $100 per week, then tell the customer that $50/week is consideration for relocating, I think I can do that.

When we first started expansion, it looked like a good way to get locations, but after thinking about it for awhile, I came to realize that is a lot of money to pay out without any physical appliance to show for it. Since all the machines are 3PO machines, I'll just continue down my route with Coke and Pepsi personally.

Thanks for the help with the search.

If it looks too good to be true......... ;D

There are a lot of people that are willing to make all kinds of promises to get into your wallet and take your money then give you little, if anything, in return. This is an all cash business so IMO it tends to attract an unusually high number of how shall we say....... unsavory characters... so be careful about who you do business with and check them out first.

In my area NC local bottlers do offer this type of service. They will place a soda machine and contract a person to buy their product and keep it full. They place the machine and keep it serviced. I don't do this myself but I know they do it. Contact a bottler or distributor in your area and ask.

Metro Vending is a scam, i personally have not had any business with them, but i have seen more than a few posts on CL about how metro vending is a scam from people who used there services, just like the rest of the Biz-op deals. if you really want to have someone else place machines, just buy a machine and hire a locator, thats all the these places are, just expensive locators.

Nick is right. Metro is advertising this all across the country. I am not sure how they connect to the bottlers to get the machines but someone should step up on this one. I think it would be a great subject for 20/20. Maybe they could look into it and we could all find out how the heck they are doing it. I know they tell interested buyers not to tell the bottler. That should send up a red flag.

• 1 month later...

Nick is right. Metro is advertising this all across the country. I am not sure how they connect to the bottlers to get the machines but someone should step up on this one. I think it would be a great subject for 20/20. Maybe they could look into it and we could all find out how the heck they are doing it. I know they tell interested buyers not to tell the bottler. That should send up a red flag.

Oh I know how their doing it > LOL

They hire an outside auto posting service that runs these Posts all across the country. And they hope they can reel in newbies in the industry that know nothing about it. I will say this, they do replace locations that do not produce.

So are they a scam, no not really, youre just paying out the wazoo for basic locations. And they claim they have ties with the soda Companys in which they really dont.

You may as well just contact the soda Companies themselves and work out a deal, 9 times out of ten they will give you the soda machines for nothing as long as you buy product from them. And then hire a locator such as myself for a fraction of the cost LOL...

So again its really not a scam, it's just a costly decision to do buisiness with them.

They hire an outside auto posting service that runs these Posts all across the country. And they hope they can reel in newbies in the industry that know nothing about it. I will say this, they do replace locations that do not produce.

So are they a scam, no not really, youre just paying out the wazoo for basic locations. And they claim they have ties with the soda Companys in which they really dont.

You may as well just contact the soda Companies themselves and work out a deal, 9 times out of ten they will give you the soda machines for nothing as long as you buy product from them. And then hire a locator such as myself for a fraction of the cost LOL...

So again its really not a scam, it's just a costly decision to do buisiness with them.

Have you personally use them?

Usurper, I heard that you need to buy a certain amount of soda from come or pepsi for them to want to do business with you, is that true?

Usurper is right in that it is usually not difficult to get a third party account with a bottler. They may or may not require that you have been in business for a year, Tax Id#'s and other documentation to prove you are running a business.

They usually do require purchase minimum's, it seems to vary by region, in my market the requirements are 20 cases per month.

As to Metro vending being a scam, my personal opinion is that they way overcharge for their service, have done a miserable job maintaining client relationships and are very slow to honor their commitments and promises. There have been a number of people that have come on this forum and posted extensively about how bad their experience with them was. If you want to call that a scam I don't have real a problem with that.

I

• 2 weeks later...

Archived