Has anyone ever tried to convince you out of vending?

JLM Vending

Has any of your relatives ever asked about your vending and then said maybe you should do something else and then gave a suggestion? How did you respond?

I had a friend who told me it was stupid when I told him I wanted to start my own vending machine business. I politely told him that it was not stupid to me while thinking something much more offensive in my head. I am not the type of person to just say whatever I think though.

Well, when i started my thing and told others, i got lots of negative respond.

One of it is when you calculate the money you make out of one single machine and why i spend more money if i could safe cash using craigslist.

I did not use craigslist, i started with one machine now i have 3.

the bigger i get the more respect people will show!

There are always poeple trieing to turn you down, doesn't matter what business!

I have a personal goal, i wanna stop working for others. And when i am there, i gonna laugh at them.

My goal are 30 machines, that should be enough to make a living. I am not going to stop there but i wanna be there asap!

full line is basically soda an snack, say you pull $50 a week from each of your 30 machines, That is $1500. How much are your COG's? are you paying commission, how about gas to service the route, 30 machines is not a cheap investment, assuming your buying them and not using bottler. theres many thing you need to figure out, but all im saying is just because you pull that doesn't mean that's profit, there's many small things you need to account for.

I was asked today "Why are you in vending? Theres no money in that." to which I have to reply: Not yet. Depending on how long the person has to stand there and listen, I'll either explain that a tiny operation like mine, even as just a hobby, nets more than doing nothing, or explain how long term it can really pay off. I have battled uphill, but I find it almost validates the climb. If it was easy, there would be no reason to persue it, and yet it's not impossibly difficult either. It is, in many regards, the perfect avenue to self employment. I'm not there yet, but I'll get there.

Well, when i started my thing and told others, i got lots of negative respond.

One of it is when you calculate the money you make out of one single machine and why i spend more money if i could safe cash using craigslist.

I did not use craigslist, i started with one machine now i have 3.

the bigger i get the more respect people will show!

There are always poeple trieing to turn you down, doesn't matter what business!

I have a personal goal, i wanna stop working for others. And when i am there, i gonna laugh at them.

My goal are 30 machines, that should be enough to make a living. I am not going to stop there but i wanna be there asap!

Thirty machines would be enough. They would have to be placed in the right location though. Best sales come from blue collar men. To land the better accounts add cold food to your new venture. Shoot for 100 employees before adding the cold food to a location.

I know its work. I go every Friday evening after work to check on my machines, usually i know what they need before i even get there!

I guess i'm just lucky but i got my machines placed in a self storage place, i mean 2 machines, the income is higher than expected.

If i keep scoring like that. all i can say WOW ;D

The only Problem i have at the moment is, where do i get Lays sour cream onion packs 1Oz

they go quick and i have to stop buying Family packs!

I know its work. I go every Friday evening after work to check on my machines, usually i know what they need before i even get there!

I guess i'm just lucky but i got my machines placed in a self storage place, i mean 2 machines, the income is higher than expected.

The only Problem i have at the moment is, where do i get Lays sour cream onion packs 1Oz

How much did you pay for your full line machine? When do you expect to break even?

Fabian you said you were at a storage center and you are doing that well? That is great news. The average storage center machines just don't do very well because of the nature of the place. Its nice to hear about the exception to the rule. Good luck with your business.

First: Thank you for the link with the onion chips!

The storage place is also a business park! that explains the high traffic. I payed for both machines inclusive delivery and stocking about $2500

I think its not about breaking even, a business should keep investing to maintain income! Besides the investment is not gone, is right there where i putt it.

If, and thats a big if: i had $100000 and buy 100 machines and they would pay 40 bucks each i would make $4000 a week for the rest of my life.

OK,ok thats gross, but my point is, i build my own income!!!

First: Thank you for the link with the onion chips!

The storage place is also a business park! that explains the high traffic. I payed for both machines inclusive delivery and stocking about $2500

I think its not about breaking even, a business should keep investing to maintain income! Besides the investment is not gone, is right there where i putt it.

If, and thats a big if: i had $100000 and buy 100 machines and they would pay 40 bucks each i would make $4000 a week for the rest of my life.

OK,ok thats gross, but my point is, i build my own income!!!

That's the spirit Fabian!

Fabian

Not sure on how this turned into a full line discusion but I was curious as to the price of chips on line. I did a simple search for lays sour cream and onion chips and came up with a less expensive store than was listed in the previous post.

http://www.globalind...m.campaignId=WU

You might want to try looking more in depth to find an even less expensive store. I don't know how well these stores are for purchasing and shipping but it should give you a start in the direction you want. It would be nice if Sam's carried it. ^_^

• 3 months later...

my wifes friend said it was a waste of time .she asked " what ,are you going to mkae .50c ? " yes. ive learned no matter what ,if someone thinks a idea is a bad idea ,they will always think its a bad idea . until you show them different . personally ,im very low key about things . i dont share much of my vending experience with friends or family . they ALL think its silly . most of you guys have seen money bags ( i use a craftsman soft tool bag ) full of quarters . there is nothing "silly" about that ;-) . point is , no one is collecting that money but you . no one is putting in all the effort ,and hard work but you . keep up with the forward motion , and some day you can say , " remember when you thought this was silly ?" . plus . personally ,i always consider the source when taking advice . if my brother says bulk vending is a bad idea ,and offers suggestions , i ask myself , if its such a good idea ,why isnt HE doing it ? you have a plan ,stick with it ;D

If it happened to me I would simply state the obvious, if there is no money in a business, any business be it vending, grocery, restaurant etc... then people wouldn't keep doing it, yet you see vending machines all over everyday across the world, those thousands of small business owners aren't doing it for free so yes there is money to be made in vending and just like any other business it is real work with real rewards.

I tell them it is a horrible business and they are 100% correct. Then I just bide my time until they eventually walk in on me with a table overflowing with quarters, putting bags of them on to a scale. When they ask what is going on I simply say "You count your money, I weigh mine". The moral of the story is the business speaks for itself. What other business makes every day seems like you hit the jackpot on a slot machine. Let them laugh . . . until you buy a mercedes with a hefty bag full of quarters ;)

I tell them it is a horrible business and they are 100% correct. Then I just bide my time until they eventually walk in on me with a table overflowing with quarters, putting bags of them on to a scale. When they ask what is going on I simply say "You count your money, I weigh mine". The moral of the story is the business speaks for itself. What other business makes every day seems like you hit the jackpot on a slot machine. Let them laugh . . . until you buy a mercedes with a hefty bag full of quarters ;)

Now that's a big bag of quarters! Kandy King, you rock.

I wonder how many hefty bags full of quarters you need to buy the beach house ^-^

Archived