Royal Vendors model 660 not engaging compressor

frosty

Hey Guys,

I have a Royal Vendors 660 with KO programming. As the title says the compressor is not coming on automatically. If i plug it into the wall it comes on however. So i know the compressor is not the problem. I suspected the board was the issue, so I replaced it. Still having the same issue. Can someone point me in the right direction on what to look for or replace? This is my first machine so I am new to the game but not to electronics.

Thanks for any help!

I believe this uses an electronic control so there would be a relay involved. You can see if you're getting voltage at the relay to turn it on (there should be a compressor test in the board too). There is also a way to eliminate the relay and use a mechanical thermostat in its place

how would i go about installing a mechanical thermostat. I honestly dont even know where to look for the relay or how to trigger the compressor test. Where can i find info on this?

• 2 weeks later...

On this model the computer needs to see the door switch closed for 5 minutes before it will turn on the relay for the compressor. So check the wires on the door switch.

Also getting the computer to display the temp is important troubleshooting tool.

Walta

• 5 years later...

With the door closed, it could take up to 15 minutes for the compressor to turn on . Under "FRIG" ,in the programming, press enter: 0 indicates compressor turned off/  1 = Uni will operate as normal. It could be the compressor is simply turned off in the program.

5 hours ago, bossmanbob said:

With the door closed, it could take up to 15 minutes for the compressor to turn on . Under "FRIG" ,in the programming, press enter: 0 indicates compressor turned off/  1 = Uni will operate as normal. It could be the compressor is simply turned off in the program.

Welcome to the forum bossman. You do realize that this thread is 5 years old? :o

Good way to get your feet wet anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also hijacking this old thread. I just changed the evaporatorfan motor and noticed a thermostat mounted on the left side of the tank. This old 650 also has old white motors in about half of the selections. This things needs an upgrade. 

Archived