Benefits From a Website?!?

rdendy

So other than the benefit of adding legitamacy to your company when running location placement sales calls, are there any other real benefits to having one for a bulk vendor company? And if so what are they and how do you utilize it?

I already have one because my day job is in web, but not sure I see a whole lot of potential in using it.

I'd say it really depends on how much you plan to use it. If you want to use it to help collect service calls, get locations, and other services on a regular basis, I could see a vendor wanting/needing one. I don't have one, as it's cheaper for me to run my route in person or on the phone. Do whatever works best for you!

Thanks for the reply Performa, I see it more as a tool to help me use it to provide more "legitamacy" when doing cold calls and giving them my business card, plus for all those "Let Me Think About It" types, hopefully they will check it out and it will encourage them to call me back. I work in the web and marketing, so I am trying to leverage some of what I know in helping me in this new endevour.

I had a web site. It didn't do anything for me. I think I had a total of 125 hits for the whole year.

As for the "Let Me Think About It" people, just chalk it up as a no. This a polite way of getting rid of you. If you want people to see what your machines look like, design something on PDF and print it out. You can use that to help you in the presentation. You don't have to prove your legitamacy.

Archived