Top machines manufactured

davidsurvz

• Northwestern
  • Eagle
  • Oak

Northwestern machines are my favorite machines because they are easy to service, take apart and, are built very well.  I like Eagle cabinet machines because they are compact.

• Like 1

Although I am currently running used Vendstars, and making money, they will never

be my favorite machines. They were just an inexpensive way for me to break into the

vending business. So far so good.

After finding this forum, (and taking my lumps :D), I have resolved to be open to other

types of vending machines. Mainly, single head machines.

I still have to list a triple as my first favorite though. So here goes...

1. 1-800's

2. Northwestern

3. ? (Still forming an opinion)

I would list Oak, or Beaver as number three, but they'll have to design something that

looks like it came from this century first.

Please note, I am not, and do not intend to insult anyone here. This is just my own

personal opinion. I am sure the machines function perfectly, and are long lasting. That

is why I listed them. I just personally don't like the old-fashioned look of the machines.

That's what attracted me to triples in the first place. They looked new and up-to-date.

Other companies are coming along. Northwestern machines are looking better than

ever. Both Oak, and Beaver machines do have a more up-scale look in their larger

equipment.

All this is just IMOHO,

Dave

Ok, I'll throw mine in here.

• A&A - Grade B for fit and finish, Grade A for reliability
  • Seaga Millenia - Grade A+ for fit and finish, Grade B for reliability.
  • Oak - Grade B- for fit and finish, Grade B for reliability.
Steve

1.  A&A.........although fit and finish needs to be more consistent

2.  Gum Ball Factory Tough Pro..........easiest machine anywhere to get the quarters out of!

Not sure about reliability as yet.

3.  XYZ single -  Excellent fit and finish.  The machine lokks and feels well made. Not sure on reliability as yet.

1.  A&A.........although fit and finish needs to be more consistent

2.  Gum Ball Factory Tough Pro..........easiest machine anywhere to get the quarters out of!

Not sure about reliability as yet.

3.  XYZ single -  Excellent fit and finish.  The machine lokks and feels well made. Not sure on reliability as yet.

Can't say as I agree on the XYZ Single being well made.  I don't think I should single them out tho, as many companies use the same design.  Anyways, I have one of the XYZ singles; the one with the round globe.  I hate round-globe singles.  Any globe that needs those two rods to secure a ring to the top of the globe is a poor design.  I had to tighten those long screws to keep the globe from slipping around.  When I did that, the screws bent the top ring and the lid would not fit securely. 

Also, like the NW super 60's, they have a base that secures to the stand, a body that has the coin mech and chute, and a globe that has the wheel and hopper.  Well, with the NW, I can move the body out of the way and scoop the coins out of the base with no problem becuase the NW base is bowl shaped and can hold lots of coins.  The XYZ-style round globe has a flat base and the coins spill out when you take off the base, and you cannot get your hand under the body well enough to scoop out the coins.  You have to take off the globe and body to get to the coins.

One thing I like about the oaks vistas is that you can just take off the body and pour the coins into your bag like you are pouring water from a bucket.  However this requires you to pull the globe off and set it down somewhere, unless you are able to hold the globe in th crook of one arm while you lift and pour the coins with your other.

I like the 300's because the globe is smaller than the other makers.  Yeah, I know, you usually want a bigger globe but I don't like those big globes, especially in the slow moving locations.  If you filled up a super60 with skittles or M&M's, they would be sitting there for months before they got all used up.  A 300 full of gumballs is good for about 3 months before refilling, so it's still plenty big enough for most locations.

I have to disagree with the XYZ being well made also.  I think it is a very poor design with poor fit and finish.

I like Northwestern, and I am thinking about ordering some Oak vistas.  I just got some Dentyne Ice machines today, and I must they they are much better than the XYZ's, and really much nicer than I thought they would be. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

1. Oak price 5 star, construction 5 star (aluminum doesnt rust like nw steel construction), reliability 5 star, versatility 5 star.

2. northwestern price 4.5, construction 4, reliability 5, versatility 4

3. AA price 5, construction 3.5, reliability 4, versatility depends on model

4. Beaver price 3, construction 3.5, reliability 5, versatility 4.5

5. Ford price 4, constuction 5, reliability 5, versatility 2

Northwestern for racks, oak for charity, A&A PO89 series, (the Pn are junky), I base this on ease and speed of service for the application noted, longevity, and quality. A&A machines are a knock off of everyone elses so they will never be a top pick.

(1) Beaver (2)Northwestern(3) Oak, I'm retired doing vending for 4yrs. Started with Beaver only, Add Northwestern 80s for 2' toys do to price. thay are good machines. Later got 10 northwestern Beavers LOVE THEM! Got in with a friend, he used Oak for the most part. got 20 1' very goood machines. But the Beaver is the tops for myself but well buy all 3 when i can!

• 3 months later...

I'm not knocking the more costly machines like Beaver.

As mentioned before, I have plenty of them on my route and am happy with them.

But, I have yet to see them do anything to justify their higher cost that the Oak, NW, Eagle machines don't do.

I have NW and Eagle machines that are way older than my Beaver machines and they are all holding up well.

Some of them are quite old, in fact.

And some of those older NW and Eagle machines even look better than my not-as-old Beavers because the Beaver's plastic bodies don't take abuse as well as the all-metal bodies on the NW/Eagle machines.

• 3 weeks later...