Downtime Boredom, Any Suggestions?

rdendy

So I am finding I have a lot of extra time on my hands after placing my machines and ordering new ones. Any suggestions about activities that can help grow my business while I wait?

Typically, that's the time when I work on my long-term strategy, case new locations, and (usually) look around for cheap used machines. I know the last one doesn't apply to you rdendy, but there's always a deal somewhere if you look around enough.

Oh I am all about a deal too, but in my area they were hard to find until I found a guy right next to my work who buys them from all over and refurbs them to sell on e-bay. He has given me some good deals, and I see a lot more coming :)

Drive around looking for the racks and locations that you would like to have in your portfolio. Look for the contact info on the machines and call the owners and offer a deal to buy. If there is no contact info, then print up some address return labels, stating "Sell me your route. (xxx) xxx-xxxx", and stick them to the lock of the machine. That will get their attention, and if they weren't thinking about selling before, they might be thinking about it now. This will take up a lot of your free time, and if it works out, you could end up expanding your route with out having to go find your own locations.

Drive around looking for the racks and locations that you would like to have in your portfolio. Look for the contact info on the machines and call the owners and offer a deal to buy. If there is no contact info, then print up some address return labels, stating "Sell me your route. (xxx) xxx-xxxx", and stick them to the lock of the machine. That will get their attention, and if they weren't thinking about selling before, they might be thinking about it now. This will take up a lot of your free time, and if it works out, you could end up expanding your route with out having to go find your own locations.

Interesting, i hadn't thought of that.

That's a great way to expand passively and you can pretty much cherry pick the locations you want.

Love it! A "like" to you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

you should be building your pipeline.

the only thing i know about sales is the pipeline approach, if you are always prospecting

every day then you will always have deals in your pipeline in every stage.

so the prospecting stages are:

1.scouting locations

2.find DM info (dm=decision maker)

3.contact DM to make appt to talk

closing process:

4.talk with DM

5. place equipment

if you spend time every day doing 1-3 you will always have deals in the 4-5 stage every week.

therefore you should have no "down time".

if you dont think you have enough equipment to do that many accts relocate ur worst 10% performers

3.contact DM to make appt to talk

How do you get them to schedule a meeting? How do you approach the matter? This is where I think I would have to improve. If I can catch the decision maker at the store I feel confident in placing some equipment.

How do you get them to schedule a meeting? How do you approach the matter? This is where I think I would have to improve. If I can catch the decision maker at the store I feel confident in placing some equipment.

Here is the exact pitch I use, copied from the script i give to appt setters:

Hi [Prospect name], this is [Your name] calling from [biz name]. How

are you today?

The reason I'm calling is I am in your area on _____________ and _____________

and wanted to see if we can stop by for a few minutes and show you some new

vending machines we're installing at some other [business type, i.e. restaurants,

Laundromats, etc.] in your area that will double or triple the revenue you're

getting per square foot of floor space.

Would it be okay for me to stop by on ____________ and show them to you?

If Yes: Set appointment and verify day and time as well as their contact

information (name, phone, location of physical address).

(Then Continue...)

What type of vending equipment do you have now? (Common answers will vary from

none to snack and soda machines to games etc. [biz Name] carries all types of

vending equipment. The most profitable are the [equipment type]. These

can generate much more than most other games. That's

because with the arrival of game apps on smart phones video games etc. are no longer very

popular).

Thanks, you're going to like what you see when we stop by. Thanks again, and

we'll see you on _________. Goodbye.

If No: That's okay. Some of our best customers told me the same thing the first

time I called. Until they saw the machines and realized how much extra income

they could be getting above and beyond what they have now. AND until they

saw that it doesn't cost them even a penny. We own and maintain everything and

do all the work, you make the highest commissions in the area!

In fact, we just replaced some of the old equipment in a [similar biz type] with these

new ones and the money they're making off each machine went from $[poor sales #]

a month up to over $[good sales #]! That's a huge difference and worth taking a look at.

It can't hurt to stop by for just a few minutes and show them to you can it?

-----------cut -----------

good luck happy prospecting

Dogcow my wife has pointed out to me in the past that the word install may turn the owner off.maybe bring in or something may sound better. Also you should mention u don't do video games so if they do ask for one u won't have to give them a negative answer.its unlikely they will ask for one especially if u have pics of other machines .

Amazing idea. You, sir, are an innovator. I am having my stickers printed as we speak.

Dogcow my wife has pointed out to me in the past that the word install may turn the owner off.maybe bring in or something may sound better. Also you should mention u don't do video games so if they do ask for one u won't have to give them a negative answer.its unlikely they will ask for one especially if u have pics of other machines .

thx for the advice ill try that. "when i get asked about video games i say something to the affect of

i try not to place them because they are the lowest earning type of amusement machines". I have 2 games

out on location currently (multicade units) but they are poor performing. I explain my crane unit should earn

2-3x what a video game would earn most decide they are not really interested in having a game there anyway.

Here is the exact pitch I use, copied from the script i give to appt setters:

Hi [Prospect name], this is [Your name] calling from [biz name]. How

are you today?

The reason I'm calling is I am in your area on _____________ and _____________

and wanted to see if we can stop by for a few minutes and show you some new

vending machines we're installing at some other [business type, i.e. restaurants,

Laundromats, etc.] in your area that will double or triple the revenue you're

getting per square foot of floor space.

Would it be okay for me to stop by on ____________ and show them to you?

If Yes: Set appointment and verify day and time as well as their contact

information (name, phone, location of physical address).

(Then Continue...)

What type of vending equipment do you have now? (Common answers will vary from

none to snack and soda machines to games etc. [biz Name] carries all types of

vending equipment. The most profitable are the [equipment type]. These

can generate much more than most other games. That's

because with the arrival of game apps on smart phones video games etc. are no longer very

popular).

Thanks, you're going to like what you see when we stop by. Thanks again, and

we'll see you on _________. Goodbye.

If No: That's okay. Some of our best customers told me the same thing the first

time I called. Until they saw the machines and realized how much extra income

they could be getting above and beyond what they have now. AND until they

saw that it doesn't cost them even a penny. We own and maintain everything and

do all the work, you make the highest commissions in the area!

In fact, we just replaced some of the old equipment in a [similar biz type] with these

new ones and the money they're making off each machine went from $[poor sales #]

a month up to over $[good sales #]! That's a huge difference and worth taking a look at.

It can't hurt to stop by for just a few minutes and show them to you can it?

-----------cut -----------

good luck happy prospecting

This is very useful. Thanks for sharing. I will be giving this a try soon.

Good advice. I'll have to try that method.

About putting notes on people's machines -- Do it. I'd love to find those notes because I'm considering selling. The other vendors at my location don't know I'm selling, and may be missing out since I have machines in the same area as them. I'm planning to start calling the other vendors to see if they are interested in expanding.

Good advice. I'll have to try that method.

About putting notes on people's machines -- Do it. I'd love to find those notes because I'm considering selling. The other vendors at my location don't know I'm selling, and may be missing out since I have machines in the same area as them. I'm planning to start calling the other vendors to see if they are interested in expanding.

you can do the opposite. Place a card in all your machines that say: "This machine and this route is for sale. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx or go to www.vendingwebsite.com for details".

If you are 'bored'...

1) Learn QuickBooks or some other accounting software

2) Create a budget for this year and/or next

3) Create a 5-7 year budget

4) Asset tag your machines and develop an inventory system.

5) Figure out what your 'exact' percentage is of 'cost of goods' and if your settings are where you want them.

6) Scout locations

7) Create a spreadsheet with contact info of other vendors in your area.

B) Search Craigslist and make contact with sellers of things you are interested in even if you are not ready to buy.

9) Create business cards and a notebook or flyer that you can use when locating to show what machines you are offering.

10) Plan your next move/purchase/etc.

Archived