Top selling Toys

The Master Key

Inspired my Gary from westcoastvend, I'm making my own 1-800 Vending rack setup.  I will be placing it into my friends barbershop which is one of my top locations and has lots of kids.  The bottom machine will sell 2 candys, 1 gumballs.  On the top machine I want to vend toys. 

I'm new to toys, so what are some of your guys best sellers?  (I feel like this thread already happened, but I couldn't find it when I searched.) 

Thanks.

Brian

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian,

I have to agree with you. Glow Sticks, Monkey'n Around & Block Headz are the best sellers for me. Fast Food Erasers & California Gold (rings & chains) are also good sellers.

If you set up a rack system like mine, make sure that the kiddie type toys are on the bottom where thay can see them and reach them.

Kyle,

I had 2000 superballs seating in my garage for months and all of a sudden they started selling in a few stores and now I am running out of them. I got them for $.05 each so I just had to keep trying to find a good location for them.

Make sure you post a picture after you set it up. 

Nice job, Brian.

Gary

I just ordered some Blockheadz, Glo Sticks and Alien Invasion mini aliens from A&A.  They were out of Monkyn Around and didn't think I would be able to get any until the end of May, so I went with the Alien Invasion instead.  Hope they do good.  Also, ordered a rack from LYPC today.  :cool:

Brian

Hi Brian,

It looks like you are ready to start. Monkey'n Arounds are hard to get which shows you they are a real good seller. Try http://tjking.com (TJ King) I buy from them and they may still have them. They are $19 for a bag of 250.

The aliens are alright but the MA's are the best!

Gary

they told me at A and A that they were getting monkeys in a few days last week ,thats why my order was delayed.I got my order on wed with the monkeys.maybe they have some by now??its odd that they didnt have enough to fill my order and they still dont as of thursday(yesterday) wouldn`t you think they would have some on hand by now or did they only get enough to fill my order??

I highly recomend that you order them from A & A even if you have to wait a few days,I spent about  2.50  less per bag (250)compared to tj king. tj king are more expensive and they mark up thier shipping too.

I had to pay over 9$ for a  monkey display that they forgot to include in my order.it was 5.68 for shipping and I live around 3 hours from thier shipping adress.I will scan and email this bill to anyone that wants to see it,I wont be one bit offended with anyone that asks,I just wanna prove how badly I was treated at five star tj king.

I ordered 18 bags from A& A,which is the amount you need to order to get a discount on the toys,(you can mix and match)and they charged me 20.05$$ for shipping.can you imagine?

they didn`t charge me sales tax at A & A either.

they billed me for more on the rack I bought from them then the price they advertise on thier site,and the bill to prove it

they may treat other more long term costumers better by the sounds of it but they sure don`t seem to want new ones.

the  18  bags of 1.1" toysI ordered were:

5 monkeys at 16.25

5 small sticky hands at 10.60!!

5 mini glosticks 15.50 I have a dance hall where these may go well.

1 glow dark sticky eyeballs 16.25 I intend on mixing some of these with the sticky splat tomatoe from 5 star because on the display there is one and when I went and checked one of the workers complained he wasnt getting any.wadda ya guys think of this idea?I will sell them on thier own too of course.

2 blockhead 16.25 for a total with shipping 280.55

20.05  is about 1.12 to ship each bag

I have been very happy with TJ King. It's funny how things are so different between buyers. It wouldn't be fair for me to change to A&A yet. I will first check the prices at both places and shipping prices. I think TJ may be buying from A&A because they knew that A&A was out of Monkey's when I called them Friday. Interesting???

Thanks for the heads up.

Gary

I think that tj king does buy some stuff from A A because some of the other toys I bought  said A A on the bottom of the caps.

when I ordered from tj king to use up my credit the monkeys arrived in a day or 2 so they must have had them in stock.hard telling what they are up too,but as long as they have them within a reasonable amount of time I am happy.I dont know if you need to buy 18 bags of toys gary but the prices I listed above were with the quantity discount.

even if you order only 2 bags  its about 5 bucks less from AA because I asked them so I could compared to what tj king took out of my credit..shop compare and thank me later!!!

IN case you guys didnt noticed I am all about getting the best deal always.

again they may treat you good gary because you probably have spent thouands and thousands with them but my experiance was bad right from my first order.

they even tried to compare my pizza shop menu with thier prices guide on the net to make thier point when they overcharged me on my rack.the guy goes well dont you raise prices when food cost goes up?I say yeah I do but in the mean time I have to charge what it says ion the menu and not what I want .I also was very clear that I wouldn`t have ordered from them had I known about the price increase,I woulda ordered right from northwestern.

disgusted in Illinois

Hi guys.

Since we were talking so much about pricing on 1" & 2" toys. And how one place is better on prices than the other, I decided to use A&A's price spread sheet and add an additional column for TJ Kings prices. I also added 2 columns with the per unit prices.

It will be easier to compare prices on the items they both carry without looking in two places.

It is an excel file: Note: There are 3 tabs on the bottom with each size listed.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/tools/aapricecaptoys.xls

Enjoy

Gary