Buying my first boxes next week!

thebishop

Finally....I am buying my first boxes from Cameron next week and venturing out into the wild and wonderful honor box world (well, maybe not always wonderful but definitely wild). Here's the lineup in my box (I love baseball):

Left field: Oreo cookies (2)

Right field: Grandma's cookies (2)

Center: Lance and Cheez-It crackers (3)

First base: Chex mix (1)

Second base: Hot fries (2)- these are huge here in Texas

Short: Lay's Classic/Fritos/Doritos/Cheetos- your basic 'tos (B)

Third base: Big Tex Cinnamon Rolls (2)

Catcher: Mini Chocolate/Powdered donuts (4)

Starting pitcher: Twix/Kit Kat/Skittles/Snickers (4)

DH: Rice Krispie Treats (1)

Relievers: Kellogg's fruity snacks (2)

Manager: Planters peanuts (2)

Pinch runner: Pop Tarts (2)

Total items in box: 35

Cost of goods would average around 31% which seems to be in line with what I've seen on the board. Any suggestions on what to add/subtract? I think all the items should fit in the Cameron box with dividers. All items will be sold at $1.

Looks good to me. All our spots are very low or no shrinkage. You might be a little high on cost of goods if you get much of it. 2oz bag cookies sell better than the 2 Grandma in a package for use in snack boxes. The other way around in snack machines.

Mike

Finally....I am buying my first boxes from Cameron next week and venturing out into the wild and wonderful honor box world (well, maybe not always wonderful but definitely wild). Here's the lineup in my box (I love baseball):

Left field: Oreo cookies (2)

Right field: Grandma's cookies (2)

Center: Lance and Cheez-It crackers (3)

First base: Chex mix (1)

Second base: Hot fries (2)- these are huge here in Texas

Short: Lay's Classic/Fritos/Doritos/Cheetos- your basic 'tos ( B)

Third base: Big Tex Cinnamon Rolls (2)

Catcher: Mini Chocolate/Powdered donuts (4)

Starting pitcher: Twix/Kit Kat/Skittles/Snickers (4)

DH: Rice Krispie Treats (1)

Relievers: Kellogg's fruity snacks (2)

Manager: Planters peanuts (2)

Pinch runner: Pop Tarts (2)

Total items in box: 35

Cost of goods would average around 31% which seems to be in line with what I've seen on the board. Any suggestions on what to add/subtract? I think all the items should fit in the Cameron box with dividers. All items will be sold at $1.

way too much premium items

forget the grandmas cookies, only put 1 oreo, (good item not a big seller tho)

1 jumbo honey bun instead of cin. rolls , no donuts

you need m&ms plain and peanut, i also would put TGIF chips and microwave popcorn

if you want to make more money use wise chips instead of lays, if you have both lays will

sell and wise wont, if you have one or the other they will sell basically the same maybe

a few less but wise chips are a few cents cheaper and much longer expiry

Wish you luck. I'm offering many of the same products in my boxes and have been pleased. Looks like you have a good variety. You'll start getting a better feel for product offerings after 3-4 cycles but this is a good start.

As far as baseball, I'm still upset the Reds traded Josh Hamilton to the Rangers.

Thanks for the info guys, dogcow, I am making the changes to my selection (along with a few others) and looks like it will take my cost to about 30%.

Empowered, I'm sure all of Reds nation is crying over that decision. Given what he was back then you cant really blame them though.

Hey dogcow, or anyone else who has the Cameron boxes, how wide is the back of the cash box (where the coin slot is)? Is it as wide as a business card? I want to get labels printed that will be stuck on the top of the box on each side of the coin slot but need some sort of reference for its size.

Thanks

Archived