Got our boxs... Frist week

So we had a two test boxs out last month and they did well.. So we purchased 25 and started locating This is a little different than getting location for bulk. And its taking a little time switching gears.. Last week we went out with no luck.. Mainly because we were locating in the wrong area. And the pitch needed fine tuning.. Over the weekend, a in person locater contacted me. And said he be happy to locate a few boxs for us, and show us were we should be looking to locate our boxs and the way to pitch our boxs to the business.. I think both i and my wife, have learned so much in the last two day... And am getting real excited about getting our boxs out and working our route.. We now have the right tools to get out there and locate... We will be using him for one more day.. And then were on our own... Building location of the ones we have.. As we were locating, every busuness we hit.. We got a business card number of employee and a contact number to make follow up calls in the following days... I will say i'm impressed with the location we got... And think theres a few great ones in there... One of the coolest things i got to see & that gave me a piece of mind about the snack box business,as i was locating i ran across a few business that already have them.. And have had them for years... One place we located the lady was so happy.. She been looking for a vendor for months.. But the big vendor wouldnt service them.. I was happy to.... Most of our location have 10-20 employee.... We hit about 4 differnt industrial parks.. In two days and plan to visit 4 more tomorrow .. That should keep us busy for a while... I dont think 100 box route in 3 months is unreachable.. And fine tuning as we go along..

That's great Donovon. I'm about to order some boxes also. Any chance you could share what you learned from the locator? I understand if you don't. How did you meet the locator?

Also, what are you stocking your boxes with?

Thanks.

Great stuff Donovon! Please keep us posted over the next several months. I too have a goal of 100 boxes and hearing how you're doing will keep me motivated to locate.

Good to hear of your success Donovan, I too am taking the same approach of working with a locator a couple days to get a few boxes located then flying solo. What type of box did you go with? The bigger Sheridan box, woodgrain box or smaller Cameron Packaging box?

Another successful day for us! We were able to locate 3 locations 2 of them I located myself and 1 from the locator that I hired. I can now say that I can get a location because of the knowledge that I learned from this guy. Here are some of the facts that my wife and I learned.

The first thing is about the geographic area that you should focus on locating snackboxes. We were mainly went to industrial places such as small warehouses, small office buildings, and typical blue collar breakrooms. I will say that he did chuckle when we mention abbout locating in commercial locations such as beauty salons, tire shops, and etc. Now, we have nothing to compare this two but felt that we were in a right area because while we were locating we run across few boxes from other vendor. It feels good to know that this can be a successful knowing that the boxes were there for a long time and there are up to two boxes in one location.

Second thing is that don't let the building intimidate you. Don't be afraid to go in and find the decision maker (DM) and get that "YES!." Don't be fool to those "no soliciting signs". I learned this on our first day locating with Dawn (in person locator). Basically,we would arrive at a location, my wife and I will go one way and the locator will go the other. We will canvass all businesses we came up to this one building that had a sign "ABSOLUTELY NO SOLICITATION" so we as a newbies decided to pass on this one, then on the way back we met up with Dawn told him about the building that we passed out with the sign and he said "oh, froget about those things, they don't mean nothging to us." he walks right up in there and got an account that the manager was so happy because she's been looking for few months for a way to have snacks at their office. This account has 8-15 employees.

The last thing that took away from this is that you don't need to drag that box around. People leave it in a car. That what we did on our first try to locate boxes and we did not get any luck. We don't have problem locating without the box but having a picture of your box with the product is enough to secure locations.

How did I met this locator? My wife is a member of another forum that Denis run. She ask him for an advice about presentation and locating. Then he sent her a link for some directories. Maybe Denis can chime in on this one.

This is the picture of Woodgrain boxes that we got from Denis. Can hold around 50 items and about $16 to make a box. Any suggestions from you guys to help us out? We still have 12 more boxes to locate and 10 locations in 3 days is a great start. Look forward in getting the rest out next week.

snackbox

Sounds like things are going great Donovon! Thanks for sharing the information you learned about locating. That will be very beneficial to me and my wife.

Could you give an itemized breakdown of what 50 items are in the box?

For my inventory we have the following

18 1oz lays chips

8 assorted candybars

8 cracker assorted

2 pop tarts

8 assorted cookies( chip ahoy, oreo, nutterbutters)

2 pudding

2 pastry

2 rice krispies

This was for my frist set of location.. All was from costco...33% cogs looking to lower.... Atleast to 30%

Looking for a discount candy source found one... @39cents problem is only has 2 month use by date left...

Hitting sams club later this week have 5 complete box ready to be located tommorrow.....

Next monday will start servicing..

Looking for a discount candy source found one... @39cents problem is only has 2 month use by date left...

Where do you get candy bars @ $0.39? Two months lifetime doesn't seem like a big deal to me as candy is always a top seller.

Last month i picked up a grocery depo store.. Location for a bulk rack,there selling all there candy for .39 (snickers,m&m,pmm) almost all the ones that i carry in my snack boxs.. I have to pick through them some are broke but mostbare fine. When i do my next pull, im going see if i can pick up some unopened cases from them...Pick up two more location for snackbox and one bulk location.. Pretty fun day. :)

Went to 8 of our snack boxs location.. 50/50 good/bad.. Little shortage only really one location that was 50% shortage will pull that location 85$ for 10 days will service the other locations tomorrow and located a few more boxs this week .. For right now if i avg 4 good location out of 10 im gonna be happy with my progress...

We went out today service 4 location 2 we pulled.. One was good, the other great.. Box was empty 100% sales... I feel were right on target... And look forward to locating next week... If i can fine turn 25 accounts in the next few months, im gonna be a happy camper.. :)

Got a call from one location today said it was empty.. Was at a trucking company... Will see wat the shrinkage is... Was a ifee location when we placed it... I have to say.... We only had one location with high shrinkage... that ones located next to computer in our office... 100% theft.... What the heck... I may have to pull that one.... Will talk to the office manager tonight.. When she gets off..... ������

Well yep.... Just like I posted in another thread... About locations located and location kept, was correct... We service all boxes.. Half of them are good three being Great and look to be long term however 6 were very poor and removed the boxes.... Our in person locator % not so great... Will not be using him again... But he was a great help to getting us rolling..... So no $ wasted there... We will be going out next week to locate more boxes.. And repeat all step above untill we have a solid route.. Won't happen overnight... But can see it a positive addition to our bulk route... And it helps to have a pull every two week.. Instead of every 6 weeks in bulk for those little bills that pop up...

Well yep.... Just like I posted in another thread... About locations located and location kept, was correct... We service all boxes.. Half of them are good three being Great and look to be long term however 6 were very poor and removed the boxes.... Our in person locator % not so great... Will not be using him again... But he was a great help to getting us rolling..... So no $ wasted there... We will be going out next week to locate more boxes.. And repeat all step above untill we have a solid route.. Won't happen overnight... But can see it a positive addition to our bulk route... And it helps to have a pull every two week.. Instead of every 6 weeks in bulk for those little bills that pop up...

Donovon I love your attitude and upbeat outlook. Attitude goes a long way in being successful, no matter what you do, and a good attitude can be encouraging and contagious to others. Keep on growing my friend!

• 9 months later...

Archived