Mint Boxes

Harvending

It has been a couple of months from my last post on results from mint boxes. I have just finished placing 40 mint boxes and here are some early scores. I am using York Patties and striped mints at.25 and 2 for .25 for stripes. For a 2 week cycle servicing 16 locations, average is 14.25 per location. Average loss of about 20%. That is a little high but I still come out with a good profit. About 10 of the 40 have to be serviced every week. I have not lost a box yet, knock on wood. I am going to try to post results each week

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Update. This week, Serviced 20 locations. Revenue 241.00, cog. 68.52 including lost product. 20.00 to charity. Going very well.

Not bad at all. COG seems to be about 28.5%. Keep up the good work Harv. Looking forward to future reports.

I have 40 location and I service 20 every 2 weeks. 6 of the 40 I service every week. The boxes only hold 100 York mints and will not last 2 weeks. I am going to try to leave a bag of mints extra and ask the location to refill.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using acrylic boxes, this looks much better on counter. I an using york patties from Sams, and striped mints from sams, Bobs mints. I am seeing Bobs mints do about the same. I have been testing Tootsie Roll bite size and I am seeing a lot of loss. I will stop using when I use up stock. Bobs mints 2 for 25 .02 cent each. These have a 2 year self life and hold up at any temperature

I've thought about mint boxes. The soft mints (bob's mints) seem to be the way to go. They can withstand summer heat and they taste great. I would do the starlight mints because of their low cost, but those just scream cheap, and nobody really likes 'em anyways. ;)

What's your cost per on the York patties?

Great job. Keep it up!

Updates for the last 2 weeks. Last week sales 17 locations 214.00, cog 67.50. This week 16 locations 155.75 cog 51.00. This is going very well. My losses have very low about 15% of product.

Updates for the last 2 weeks. Last week sales 17 locations 214.00, cog 67.50. This week 16 locations 155.75 cog 51.00. This is going very well. My losses have very low about 15% of product.

Are you doing any charity ?

Geez, might be time to give this mint box thang further consideration. You're doing with mint boxes what I do per location with honor boxes. Without the cog overhead and itemized sales tracking.

Thanks treadmill.

I just wonder if he had any "lock" or "key" issues.

The boxes I use are acrylic and have a keyed lock, I buy them from Sheridan. The only problem I have is every box is keyed different but when I service I take in a full box and switch out. This makes service very fast.

Geez, might be time to give this mint box thang further consideration. You're doing with mint boxes what I do per location with honor boxes. Without the cog overhead and itemized sales tracking.

I am very happy with my results so far. I have only been doing this for 4 months and still learning. Remember I am servicing on a 2 week cycle. This makes my monthly gross sales average 23.00 a month. I have a little surprised with this.

• 1 month later...

I am very happy with my results so far. I have only been doing this for 4 months and still learning. Remember I am servicing on a 2 week cycle. This makes my monthly gross sales average 23.00 a month. I have a little surprised with this.

How about an update?

I've thought about mint boxes. The soft mints (bob's mints) seem to be the way to go. They can withstand summer heat and they taste great. I would do the starlight mints because of their low cost, but those just scream cheap, and nobody really likes 'em anyways. ;)

What's your cost per on the York patties?

Great job. Keep it up!

The price at my Sams club is $12.42 + tax per 175ct box. About 7.5 cents/mint.

Mint Box Update. 4 weeks sales; 38 locations, 2 week service cycle. 660.00 COG 185.00 Lost product below 10% I think people are putting in extra because of the Food Bank Charity, didn't think of this. Happy to see most people do the right thing. No lost boxes .

Mint Box Update. 4 weeks sales; 38 locations, 2 week service cycle. 660.00 COG 185.00 Lost product below 10% I think people are putting in extra because of the Food Bank Charity, didn't think of this. Happy to see most people do the right thing. No lost boxes .

Sounds like a winner. I haven't followed any other threads you've had on this (if there are any). I assume this is a new venture for you. (whoops, just saw your other thread.....well the following questions still apply)

How many hours would you say you worked for those 4 weeks. And are you in mostly restaurants?

Thanks and good luck with the next month!

Threads are in honor box section listed as mint boxes. I have been testin this for about 4 months, doing very well. It takes about 5 hours a week to service and I am retired and not going to work fast, been there, done that.

Archived