I have my suspicions about General Vending Services

rdendy

After checking these guys out from when they showed up a few days ago I have some suspicions about them>

1. First they are supposedly "11 college students" yet they have been using very broken English with the same usage and inflection you typically see in fake emails.
  2. They use a free web service and gmail, so there is virtually no way, like a who-is, to verify they are who they say they are.
  3. No phone number, only email to contact.
  4. Why is there a link leading to a "competitor" on there website? This could have been an accident or it could be for used SEO purposes.
  5. And the picture they are using as them, well it's actually a stock photo, so it's not really them. So why lie about it, why not use a real pic of your 11 college students if you're legit? You can find the stock image here http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0269-0801-1409-1418.html

0269-0801-1409-1418_large_group_college_students_on_campus.jpg

Now I am not saying these guys aren't legit, I am just saying there is some reason to be suspicious and I would hate for anyone here to be taken in someway. If something did go wrong, they took your money and gave you bad locations, who are they, what would/could you do if you don't know anything about them and only have a gmail account to talk to them?

Now they are offering services upfront, with no money down, which seems legit so this identity could just be a marketing ploy, they might assume we would respond to "college students" more readily than foreign telemarketers. Or maybe it's a group of known telemarketers who have burned some bridges and are trying to make a new name for themselves, but if they lie about who they are what else will they lie about?

As a disclaimer I have had some private messaging where I asked them about their services and offered a barter of services and I pointed out my suspicions and reasoning. They responded with assurances they are who they claim to be (in more broken English).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rdendy,

I think there is a place for you on CSI Alabama. Way to go following your suspicions to a laundry list of questionable items . . . most of all this stock photo. I think you summed it up pretty well. It is either a foreign telemarketer trying to polish their image or an old favorite that left a path of destruction in their wake and are trying to start anew. Either way, I will put $100 on the line for 3 locations and see what these guys are made of because all of the other locators out there are terrible. I will keep you guys abreast of how it progresses via my thread on locators:

Let me also add that in their introductory post, they mentioned that they were in North Carolina. However a quick check of the IP address they used to post showed they are in the South Pacific.

Since they are post pay, I would assume the game is much bigger than the cost of the location. Be wary of any links they may send you, especially ones for payment.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

After checking these guys out from when they showed up a few days ago I have some suspicions about them

Thanks for that research!!!

Let me also add that in their introductory post, they mentioned that they were in North Carolina. However a quick check of the IP address they used to post showed they are in the South Pacific.

Ditto thanks! So much for the Gen Y initiative!

excellent work... I am thinking they may be another well known locator who has had some very poor service as of late.

I just went back and reread some of their posts, for college students their spelling and grammer doesnt get you pass maybe 5th grade at best.....

Interesting , I was thinking the same thing as they seem to always end with thanks Sir, thought this was odd for college students. Yup I think they ate trying to scam us.

I got the sir thing also. Maybe locators r us are back under a new name.

Ran a check on IP addresses, no matches but IP's come from same region. It could be the same people on different equipment.

Given that there are many unknowns here, my suggestion to all the members is that anyone that has an order pending with them to cancel it until they offer up some answers and explanations before someone gets hosed!!!

I am willing to lean into the pitch and take one for the team. I will let me order for 3 machines stand and let's see what these people can do. Although posing as students from North Carolina isn't exactly starting a business relationship with a foundation of honesty, if they are able to secure me good locations at good prices, I don't care if they are from the north pole. Maybe they did not think they would get any business as 11 Pakistani adults so they pretended to be students. I would like to see some results before I pull the plug on these guys.

First, dont think I am new, I had to reregister as I had some issues with my old email account and could not get my password.

I gave general vending 3 units to place. After reading the investigative reporting done on them I asked a few simple questions:

Cut and pasted unaltered from my email, I think you can see my questions and "Jessicas" response pretty clearly:

"Jessica",

Can you tell me why you are using a stock fake photo on your web site and why you are using an IPO overseas?

ts a a site that we put together, we are in college and we are from U.S

May I ask why does it seem like members on the blog are so concerned with how websites look?

We are a verified U.S PAYPAL member and we are not asking for any upfront fee

Have you have a bad experience with company ?

Most of us have had bad experiences with locators. I agree with them being suspect of you, your IPO is overseas and for college students your English composition is poor and your photo is fake. You have not provided any local contact info to prove your in North Carolina. If you have an existing route in NC and know some people maybe a couple references would go pretty far.

I have not heard from anyone who has received a location yet from you.

Sir,

All I can say is that you do not have to use our service. There are others who will benefit from our services. Also once we have locations we will send.We are a verified U.S PAYPAL MEMBER not oversees. We have our own route and have other vendors that we have worked for for over 3 years, we are just trying to expand. I can understand your concern but how can someone do bad service if they do not ask for your money upfront??

Yes we do, we are a online company and all services and payments are done online.

Please stop interrogating our company

Don`t use our service and move on...

Jessica

forgot this:

if you cant provide a simple address and phone number you have problems

We have no problems.... sir, we don`t ask for ANY upfront fees !! WE ARE WORKING ON ACCOUNTS now.

NOW, say what you want but my money is on this being another well known locator who worked from overseas and has done such a piss poor job as of late they are trying to re-invent themselves :huh:

NOW, say what you want but my money is on this being another well known locator who worked from overseas and has done such a piss poor job as of late they are trying to re-invent themselves :huh:

Are you implying that it is us? i hate to say this and we admit that our English isn't that perfect, but I think the way we responded to emails, responded to forum and speaking with some of you over the phone, OUR ENGLISH is better than theirs. Even their word OVERSEES is wrong spelling! please be careful with your comment sir. yes we know we have shortcomings but do you know why we failed to deliver services that we promise? it's not our fault that some vendors didn't report and pay us!

-Gale.

I am willing to lean into the pitch and take one for the team. I will let me order for 3 machines stand and let's see what these people can do. Although posing as students from North Carolina isn't exactly starting a business relationship with a foundation of honesty, if they are able to secure me good locations at good prices, I don't care if they are from the north pole. Maybe they did not think they would get any business as 11 Pakistani adults so they pretended to be students. I would like to see some results before I pull the plug on these guys.

im with kandyking . i put in a order for one single . got a email today saying they are working on it this week .

maybe some ex employees? who knows but something isnt right, at least you guys are up front about it and thats all you can ask. General cant even give me a phone number or address , they are however good at avoiding answers

As far as we know e don't have disgruntled employees and we never parted with a bad heart. I'm just correcting your accusations that would mislead everyone here in the forum. We are no way affiliated with General Vending. We only mind our own business. Thank you.

Have you looked at their charity links page? They have a listing for Vanished Childrens Alliance (vca.org). But it's been shut down for 3 years now.

Either they got this link from some other website, and didn't bother to check it (It says right on the site that they shut down in 2009), or they have been in business for a long time and just have not updated their site.

It seems kind of weird tho, that if they are all college students, they would have graduated since 2009.

Wow... guys I have been looking at these post for a few days and this is crazy. You guys think that we are from oversees? if we were and we are not what is the big deal. Yes it was a typo by one of the owners Jessica about were we are from, maybe she was nervous .. when she posted. WE PREFER TO WORK VIA EMAIL NOT CALLS. I don`t know maybe we threw together a website for free so what ! why do we have to pay for a expensive website, can`t we save money like how you guys don`t want to pay $50 for a location ? were are your references ? We are vendors just like you we just locate machines also. By the way my name is Travis. I am one of the owners. Guys we are not asking you for a dime UPFRONT and all you guys do is badger and try to be detectives.BE DETECTIVES FOR THE LOCATOR`S WHO WANT YOUR MONEY UPFRONT. Most of you guys do not have websites or answer your phones. I have been doing locating and vending for years... and dealt with alot of vendors and you guys are no better than a locator. WE ARE A U.S BUSINESS, WE USE PAYPAL AND WE ARE VERIFIED. We also completed 2 orders this week. So guess what if you do not want to use our service because we do not have a expensive website so be it !! SO IF WE HAD A EXPENSIVE WEBSITE AND ASK FOR UPFRONT FEES WE WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS, I DOUBT IT. WE ARE LEGIT... PEOPLE !!

Vendors like to talk about locators, effective today any vendor who ask for no upfront deposit locations and does not pay us will be exposed.We have teamed up with other locators in the same boat and we are tired of not being PAID. For years vendors have bashed locators now you will be exposed for who you are. If you install you MUST pay !!!

Wow... guys I have been looking at these post for a few days and this is crazy. You guys think that we are from oversees? if we were and we are not what is the big deal. Yes it was a typo by one of the owners Jessica about were we are from, maybe she was nervous .. when she posted. WE PREFER TO WORK VIA EMAIL NOT CALLS. I don`t know maybe we threw together a website for free so what ! why do we have to pay for a expensive website, can`t we save money like how you guys don`t want to pay $50 for a location ? were are your references ? We are vendors just like you we just locate machines also. By the way my name is Travis. I am one of the owners. Guys we are not asking you for a dime UPFRONT and all you guys do is badger and try to be detectives.BE DETECTIVES FOR THE LOCATOR`S WHO WANT YOUR MONEY UPFRONT. Most of you guys do not have websites or answer your phones. I have been doing locating and vending for years... and dealt with alot of vendors and you guys are no better than a locator. WE ARE A U.S BUSINESS, WE USE PAYPAL AND WE ARE VERIFIED. We also completed 2 orders this week. So guess what if you do not want to use our service because we do not have a expensive website so be it !! SO IF WE HAD A EXPENSIVE WEBSITE AND ASK FOR UPFRONT FEES WE WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS, I DOUBT IT. WE ARE LEGIT... PEOPLE !!

I check everyone out I am considering giving money too, you aren't special in that regard. We never said you aren't legit, reread the posts, we said to be wary and nothing wrong with looking out for another person. If you located two this week, great!! Are they pre-existing members here at the forum? If so have them post their experience and you get a thumbs up on being legit!

We did 2 orders one vendor in TX and the other CA. We are waiting on their feedback. We should get TWO thumbs up for giving locations upfront without a dime my friend. We are just trying to earn a living, we want to buy more machines and pay our bills. I hope we can all get along, because we will not be bullied when we are doing NO wrong. Now if we ask for money and took months to deliver or we ran off I would understand. That is not the case, this is a WIN/WIN for everyone. You email us give us your areas , we TRY to get locations , you install and pay ! That`s it !! so we should have NO problems people.

Archived