Why do people think they can get $100 or more per loc for routes

sweetstop

especially with vendstars.

One route in my area has 100 machines and wants $30k

another with 30 vendstars wants $3200 and no income history.

another with 30 and they want 3k

It kills me everytime I go into a location that I have and there is other machines in there. I feel compelled to want to buy them out.

I know I have to have competition but I want it all!

does anyone else feel this way?

One of three reasons why....

1. The seller overpaid when buying the machines/route and now needs to make up for most if not all of his financial error.

2. There is a sucker born every minute and the seller is just fishing for suckers.

3. A combo of reasons 1 and 2.

How do you value the machine, the location, and the product in the machine? (Clearly his lack of records presents a problem valuing the location, but I'd be interested to see where you put the value of his route)

especially with vendstars.

One route in my area has 100 machines and wants $30k

another with 30 vendstars wants $3200 and no income history.

another with 30 and they want 3k

It kills me everytime I go into a location that I have and there is other machines in there. I feel compelled to want to buy them out.

I know I have to have competition but I want it all!

does anyone else feel this way?

You know they other funny thing is you will pay a locator 25-50 for a location with no machine and no way of knowing what it will do. Some times a location is worth next to nothing but we all know stands, product, machines etc have value. ill buy a double on the stand knowing all i want is the stand because the double sold separately will pay for the whole deal and now i have a free stand. There is a reason why you see signs we buy junk cars. look at Parting out the route for its resources and im sure you can come up with #'s that work.

Buying a route its just not worth it chances are you are going to over pay for it,the best route is the one you put together yourself.

I disagree.

I have bought several routes and all of them have been worth the purchase price...and then some.

Mistakes can be made when buying routes just like in any other business venture.

But, you can minimize those mistakes by arming yourself with knowledge from folks with experience buying routes.

The advice from those vendors can be found by reading through TVF if you take the time to research.

The several routes I've bought were all sound investments with good equipment.

They paid themselves off in less than 6mos (or sooner in some cases) and did not consist of sub-par equipment.

I've bought routes with Beaver and Northwestern equipment/stands at profitable locations for less than half of what it would cost me to build a comparable route.

HOWEVER, my experience has shown me that these routes (and any worth buying) are not going to be on Craigslist or other classifieds.

Those you find ads for are usually the bad routes with crappy locations and/or crappy equipment.

The best routes to purchase are the ones that come your way because of the networking you do in your community with other vending pros.

Some of those vendors eventually want to retire, and/or start a new business, and/or need to move out of state.

Those routes they have built and taken care of are suddenly on the market.

And they will prefer to sell to you rather than put up an ad on Craigslist and deal with a lot of tire-kickers and newbies that can not tell a gumball from an acorn cap.

These are business men/women after all.

They can see the value of saving time so long as they get a fair price and don't have to waste their precious/valuable time training some rookie in the bulk vending industry.

I disagree.

I have bought several routes and all of them have been worth the purchase price...and then some.

Mistakes can be made when buying routes just like in any other business venture.

But, you can minimize those mistakes by arming yourself with knowledge from folks with experience buying routes.

The advice from those vendors can be found by reading through TVF if you take the time to research.

The several routes I've bought were all sound investments with good equipment.

They paid themselves off in less than 6mos (or sooner in some cases) and did not consist of sub-par equipment.

I've bought routes with Beaver and Northwestern equipment/stands at profitable locations for less than half of what it would cost me to build a comparable route.

HOWEVER, my experience has shown me that these routes (and any worth buying) are not going to be on Craigslist or other classifieds.

Those you find ads for are usually the bad routes with crappy locations and/or crappy equipment.

The best routes to purchase are the ones that come your way because of the networking you do in your community with other vending pros.

Some of those vendors eventually want to retire, and/or start a new business, and/or need to move out of state.

Those routes they have built and taken care of are suddenly on the market.

And they will prefer to sell to you rather than put up an ad on Craigslist and deal with a lot of tire-kickers and newbies that can not tell a gumball from an acorn cap.

These are business men/women after all.

They can see the value of saving time so long as they get a fair price and don't have to waste their precious/valuable time training some rookie in the bulk vending industry.

Kudos to you,consider yourself a lucky man I'm not sure what state you live in but in New York they want you to refinance your house to purchase a route wich is about 30 years old with a bunch of old beat up Oak machines and over priced Roger Foltz machines wich most of them are placed out doors in front of bodegas aka candy stores,the sad part of it all is that the majority of theese locations gross from 20 to 30 bucks,I'm sorry my friend but I have to disagree with you on this one I have to stick to my guns and continue to built my route myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I think just like anything if you can build a good rep with a banker or devlope a nice Cash resever for expansion buying routes can be a good way to grow your route and expand your bussniess model. I am just starting a route have 7 machines located most seem like ok locations 2 are quetionalbe but I was willing to give them a try Machines make nothing in the garage. Used a locator for some got offered a Headhunting Fee of 25.00 at work and a gal there got me 2 and maybe a third.

Found a route Grossing an avarage of 475 on 12 machines the owner wants 2200 so will check it out and see what records and deposits she has to to back it up knowing the machines my offer will probably be around 1500 but for that amount i triple the size of my route.

Archived