What do you use for lubrication on your coin mechs?

JDVENDING

I tried asking this question at the tail end of one of my other post and only got one response. Performavending suggested I use food service grade lubricant. What do you guys use? I just cleaned up my 5 used oaks that I bought and Im down to cleaning the coin mechs and was wondering what I should use for lube. Should I use a spray lube like wd-40 or a lithium spray? Or should I go with a dab of past lube like lubriplate? I have all of the previous lubes mentioned in my garage but do not have the food quality lube. What should I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I got all but one of my coin mechs cleaned and lubed last night. Since it seemed like it really didnt matter what i used I just went ahead and sprayed lithium grease cause I had some sitting around. Its made a world of difference what cleaning and lubeing the mechs will do. The mechs felt fine before but since they were dirty and had lots of lint in them I better clean them now. They operate smoother than a baby's but now. Tearing apart my oaks and cleaning them was a hell of a lot of fun.

All I have to do now is wait for my stands to come in and my oaks are going out to make me some quarters! Man tearing apart and cleaning those machines was fun. I can't wait to get me some more machines and do it again!

I think that NW used to use lubriplate, I think oak and A&A use standard automotive grease. I never re grease them when I reassemble them, I think grease just picks up dirt faster. If the mech is a little sticky I hit it with Windex, windex is a soap and will leave a very small amount of lubricant. I agree wd40 is the wrong thing to use it was developed to dry out electrical wiring, it is a water attractor (I forget the fancy word) old timers used to use it ti dry out electro-mechanical vending mechs.

vasaline is bomb diggy. Learned that at NBVA show in vegas several years back from a manufacturer/ distributor.

I use white grease that comes in the aerosol can because it is actually a lubricant unlike wd-40 which is mainly for cleaning rust and protecting the surface from rusting.

I couldnt agree more

• 1 year later...

Has anyone lubricated their coin mechs with vegetable oil?:huh:??:huh:?? That should be food grade, I found that more convenient since it can be found in my kitchen lol Although I have never lubricated them before. 

Any comments reviews, appreciated.

Has anyone lubricated their coin mechs with vegetable oil? :huh:? :huh:??? That should be food grade, I found that more convenient since it can be found in my kitchen lol Although I have never lubricated them before. 

Any comments reviews, appreciated.

You don't want to use anything that will leave a sticky residue, if you have any doubts pour some onto a plate and let it sit for a week.  I use white lithium grease - $5 for a spray can at Lowe's.

I know i said i used pam, not anymore, any of the food oils dry to a sticky mess.

I now use crc food grade silicone, its a little more expensive but i keep it in my bag and use it on site when needed also.

great for the mechs also on plastics like the chutes or wheel mechs too.

i usually get it from grainger, its in stock locally but now these guys are cheaper

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00053429/k-G2568587?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=CMDzsq-UrrwCFckWMgod7V4AIw

Archived